Fgen Wip 10/06

I have also got the latest fGen beta. Not sure if i should mention this here, but on Sonic 2, when the demo of Emerald Hill zone plays, it either crashes on fGen (blank screen) or it is a scrambled screen on GigaDrive. Gunstar heroes also has scrolling problems on the title screen (fGEN) and horizontal scrolling problems on the Captain Orange level 3 (on GigaDrive), making it unplayable. Also on Sonic 3D, on the special stage, there is also a scambled screen again (on both emus). I am not sure if its just the roms i got or a bug with the emus (cyclone), as no-one else has seemed to have mentioned them :p

Both Mega Drive emus are awesome by the way, have very good potential. Cannot wait until there even more updates and fixes, these coming months are going to be exciting indeed :D

Cheers,

sonic 2 2-player? that's interlace mode my friend (320x448 screen size!)
to be done...

Last edited by a moderator:
@fdave

Ah that would be it then. Thanks for your work btw, very much appreciated. And against all the odds, i actually managed to do my college work and get good marks! :) No i have plenty of time to play those classics again!

Cheers,

I just have to reply to the comment from kotd in the other thread on this subject (which is now closed):
Um its daves core that giving rlyeh the speed so don't tell him to hurry up.

While Dave's core is a big part of making the emulator run well, it's very unfair to rlyeh and also to me, to say that the core is the only thing making it run well.

I've done a lot of work on the sound engine, and I know that rlyeh has also done a hell of a lot of work on the video and also on the supporting bits - save states, menus etc.

Personally, I'd say that credit for the emulator is about 55% rlyeh, 35% fDave, and 10% me. Not that it matters, because the main thing is that you are going to get an emulator that seriously rocks.

Peace! :D

All true, but it's 80% Charles Macdonald as well!! ;)

He's works tirelessly to create the perfect Genesis emulator (Genesis Plus), which I understand fGen is based of originally - is that right?, and he's just had a major tragedy in his life, heis brother just died :-(

Charles researchs Sega hardware maticulously, noting down exactly how each register works. He is indeed a major factor in the accuracy of modern emulators

Basically everyone in emulation works hard so each of us can all enjoy all games from any time period on any machine
Wow what a coincidence, I just read about Chris MacDonald dying a couple weeks ago on GameFAQs! He wrote like 60 FAQs there and he got a huge article on him on the front page when he died. I had no idea that he was Charles MacDonald's brother from genesis plus... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
so...uh, what happened to the public release then? It's been a while, and I almost physically need this emu with full sound and save support!

Well obviously it isn't ready for release yet! Give it some more time, i'm surer Rlyeh is perfecting it. :) In the meantime why don't you join the RetroDev mailing list and get the private one from there, or get GigaDrive, which is just as good.

I wish I remembered her name but I can't :(. Browse the FHM a bit and you might spot her though :D.

And whos the not so hot thing in ur avatar? :rolleyes:

Back