Films

pantera6

Ruler of good and evil, then i make them fight tog
Website
Visit site
Hi people
i joined the amazon dvd rent thingy a while ago, and i rented alot of the films i wanted to see.
Anyway, i thought id create this post for people to write down the best films theyve seen :D

In no particular order:

-Resevoir Dogs
-Pulp Fiction
-Se7en
-Fightclub
-Unce Upon A Time In The West
-The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
-A Fistfull Of Dollar
-For A Few Dollars More
-Seven Samurai
...etc.

Just look at here:IMDB top 250

It woul dbe to hard to list my best movies as the are so many, But here is a list of 8 to give you a few ideas incase you havnt seen any of them yet.

The Time Machine (1960)
Scum (1979)
Napoleon Dynamite (2004)
Children of the Corn (1984)
Lord Of The Rings (2001-2003)
Red Dwarf (1988-1999) (UK) - I know its not a movie, but still worth a rent/buy
Schindler's List (1993)
Léon The Professional (1994) - Make sure you get the Directors Cut or dont bother !!!!

virusx posted on Mar 16 2006 at 04:02 PM said:
I particulary like Brazil directed by Terry Gilliam.

Well said! It's a must-watch for anyone who likes good movies.

I like...

The Matrix, not it's sequals although I enjoyed about 20 mins of the 2nd one.

The Seven Samurai, not The Magnificent Seven which struggles to achieve the level of a pale imitation. Ran is also good, a Japanese King Lear.

Once Upon A Time In The West, the ones with Clint Eastwood are good too but this is Leone's best western and perhaps the best film of all time (IMHO).

There are many others of course, but these 4 spring to mind without actually thinking about it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
virusx posted on Mar 16 2006 at 08:02 AM said:
I particulary like Brazil directed by Terry Gilliam.
I hated Brazil. It was good for the first part of the movie, but they dragged on the ending for way way way too fucking long. I don't know if the ending took an hour or if it just felt that way, but I got the point a long time before they decided to finish it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the stuff Tarantino directs is gold (Pulp fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill films). In fact, personally, i thought that the portion of sin city that he guest-directed was the only really good bit.

I like tarantino's movies except the Kill bill series wich bored me a lot.
But that's my point of vue.

@Ravnos I know that Brazil is the kind of movie that some people hate, while others like it.

I think it's a good thing for a movie (like Kill Bill ;) )

@Fishbong : Yep, they eat "yellow-dog", a sort of Labrador wich they breed for that... yumee yumee :p

I got 2010: The Year We Make Contact recently and really enjoyed it.
If you do get that it's worth gotting 2001 and watching one after the other (although you may want to skip the first and last 20 minutes of 2001 <_< ).

And if you've not seen it yet, you should check out Shrek 2. Those animations are awsome :D.

Battle Royale
Raiders of the lost ark
Monthy Python holy grail & life of brian
Infernal Affairs
Smokey and the bandit
Death Race 2000
Dr Strangelove

and oddly enough my girlfriend got me to watch Singin in the rain, and I really enjoyed it.

I watched the original Rollerball the other night for the first time in years. It was cool B)

Back