Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

ok, have uploaded build 2

incorporated slackware check - not tested

added experimental scanline filters - scaling should be set to 2x and native resolution must be less than half pandora screen (ie for horizontal scanlines height no more than 240 and for vertical scanlines width no more than 400!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I should have provided something before !

The new build doesn't works, here what i exactly do:

in capex.sh :

sleep 1

export SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE=800x480
export SDL_OMAP_VSYNC=0

if [ -f /etc/slackware-version ]

then
echo "Slackware Detected"
#echo "Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to $pwd/libs:/lib:/usr/lib"
#export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$pwd/libs:/lib:/usr
./capex
else
export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=omapdss
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib
LD_PRELOAD=./lib/libstdc++.so.6 ./capex
fi

in fba.sh :

echo $10
echo $11
echo $12

if [ -f /etc/slackware-version ]

then
echo "Slackware Detected"
./fba $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 $10 $11 $12
else
LD_PRELOAD=./lib/libstdc++.so.6 ./fba $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 $10 $11 $12
#./fba $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9
fi
sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/op_videofir.sh default_up

echo $nub0 > /proc/pandora/nub0/mode
echo $nub1 > /proc/pandora/nub1/mode

Strangely, when i quit a game, i don't go back to the menu.

I was able to do so yesterday :/.

Mmm, yesterday i just copied the pnd's content into my /home and launched from here.

ok, have uploaded build 2

incorporated slackware check - not tested

added experimental scanline filters - scaling should be set to 2x and native resolution must be less than half pandora screen (ie for horizontal scanlines height no more than 240 and for vertical scanlines width no more than 400!
Awesome!  I will try it out!  Can't believe scanlines is finally here with FBA.  Thank you!

Tested out the scanlines and I like it.  The options are limited in terms of scaling options and filter options but scanlines are very very good.

I'm having two issues with the new version. They are:

1. When rescanning the list of games, it crashes after reading the internal game database.

2. When playing a game (such as Marvel Vs Capcom), the music cuts out after a few seconds.

I'm having two issues with the new version. They are:

1. When rescanning the list of games, it crashes after reading the internal game database.

2. When playing a game (such as Marvel Vs Capcom), the music cuts out after a few seconds.
No problem here for me in your #1.

No problem here for me in your #2.  I use Marvel Vs Capcom - clash of super heros (980123 USA)

For some reason I still have the old (january) version and PNDManager doesn't report it as updatable o_O

EDIT: nothing... I used PNDStore and seems I have a lot of things to update... maybe I'll clean a bit PNDManager appdata...

Last edited by a moderator:
PowerGod you probably should update PNDManager to the latest shiney version and the updates will likely show up.

How do I redefine the keys on this?  I've tried getting into the service menu with L+R+SELECT but nothing comes up.

FPS (L+R+Y) does work though.

Finally Aliens works !! :D but with some lag in sound, and sometimes uses some weird sounds...

Azura Blade/Buster doesn't work anymore :( in previous version it was slow and with very lagged sound but was working

Do I have to clrmamepro my roms again ?

I tested several games. It seems that NeoGeo support is broken: some games refuse to start and remain in a black screen state, some lighter ones start but the sound does not work.

It was working perfectly before in the case of these NeoGeo games. Any idea what may be causing the issue?

I tested several games. It seems that NeoGeo support is broken: some games refuse to start and remain in a black screen state, some lighter ones start but the sound does not work.

It was working perfectly before in the case of these NeoGeo games. Any idea what may be causing the issue?
Can you tell me which Neo Geo games?  Seems working fine here

True, Neo-geo games act strangely... for example Windjammers has a too fast music at the intro, but then it has no voices ingame

Is it just mine but when I drop back to desktop the nubs need resetting to mouse mode.

Yes, as I said in my post, some Neogeo games require the c z80 core for correct sound. There was a rewrite of the z80 interface which has had an impact on drz80 compatibility. Neogeo runs full speed with the c z80 core so no problem.

Back