Final Burn Alpha?

Blue Protoman

Wasn't there a port of Final Burn Alpha in the works? What happened to it? Can't we get a port of the latest version? I don't wanna use the Wiz version in Ginge because it can't take advantage of the Pandora's higher resolution. :(

We're almost certainly waiting for devs to get their units before most of them begin any kind of work. There are probably plenty of ports that were started with much enthusiasm in 2009 that were forgotten about. A couple of months after the first batch is out of the door and we'll be looking at a much broader spectrum of programs.

I guess things WILL improve. But the wiki lists a port in the "Unreleased Software" section of the Emulators page. Granted, the linked video is from a prototype, before case production was even done, but still. He could've at least handed the source to someone else if he gave up? Same for Firefox and Tempest as well.

Is anyone considering a Final Burn Alpha port? I think this one guy was, for his first project...

Anyone got the sources for the Wiz port? Or even the GP2X version? I have an old SDL port but it looks like it uses x86 assembly cores which would take some work to replace.

Anyone got the sources for the Wiz port? Or even the GP2X version? I have an old SDL port but it looks like it uses x86 assembly cores which would take some work to replace.
WOW, SteveM "YOUR ALIVE"!

I've been away for several days, as I was moving, and my internet was off, but it's good to see you back. My Pandora has been gone several months for repairs, and I would love for Final Burn to be working once it comes back.

If not, no big deal, as Notaz's PSX emu has had about 4 great updates over a few months and is looking awesome.

I'm looking forward to any and everything you do SteveM, as your mame is one of my Pandora faves. Please keep up the great works. More donations to come!

Chris

Slaanesh did the Dingoo port, and I think he was in line to work on this (and MAME) for Pandora. I'm not sure if he has a Pandora yet.

http://www.slaanesh.net/

http://www.slaanesh.net/2009/08/fba320-finalburn-alpha-for-dingoo-a320.html
Unfortunately no sources to be found there, nor anywhere else (and I've really been looking). If Slaanesh is planning to port FBA that's great, but it'd still be nice to see the sources.

That aside, I can neither confirm nor deny any of these rumours regarding my porting of anything at this moment ;-) I'd like to get back into it, but I don't have as much time to spend on it I used to.

Back