Ginge; improves performance?

Blue Protoman

Say there's a game or emulator for the Wiz or GP2X that struggles to run well at the default speed, mainly because they're not powerful enough. If I were to use Ginge for this very same program on the Pandora, would it run better? For example, Giga Wing in Final Burn Alpha has some slowdown on the Wiz at a stock 533Mhz. If I ran the same emulator, and the same ROM, on the Pandora with Ginge, would it run faster?

Say there's a game or emulator for the Wiz or GP2X that struggles to run well at the default speed, mainly because they're not powerful enough. If I were to use Ginge for this very same program on the Pandora, would it run better? For example, Giga Wing in Final Burn Alpha has some slowdown on the Wiz at a stock 533Mhz. If I ran the same emulator, and the same ROM, on the Pandora with Ginge, would it run faster?

Yes because your running the emulator on superior hardware.

Cool. Although, on the GP2X I only remember SNES emulation lacking on the games I played and I'll be using one for the Pandora. It is all good though, can't wait to play some of the games I played on my GP2X, will bring back memories of 2 years ago. I actually miss my GP2X, I gave it away to a kid in Brazil because I thought I'd get my Pandora soon after that.

1. I'm sure there's ONE decent Caanoo-exclusive game compatible with the Pandora.

2. Outside of making my computer say "Unknown command 'penis'", command lines are completely alien to me.

1. I'm sure there's ONE decent Caanoo-exclusive game compatible with the Pandora.

Well, tell me which and I'll try to run it and package it up in a PND.

No commercial games, they have copy protection and surely won't run on thr Pandora.

Oh, I'd have to take a look at the library; a lot of games actually have Wiz ports, so...

Not *quite* on-topic, but I'd love a PND of Cave Story wrapped up in Ginge. I know that it's not allowed for us to distribute it, but a PM would be most appreciated :)

D.

Not *quite* on-topic, but I'd love a PND of Cave Story wrapped up in Ginge. I know that it's not allowed for us to distribute it, but a PM would be most appreciated :)

Well, since there's already a beta version of nxengine with full widescreen support on the Pandora (not released to the public yet), I wanted to wait for that...

It works perfectly, but music playing needs to be optimized (is stuttering a bit).

Zear was working on this, hopefully, he hasn't abandoned the project :)

Well, since there's already a beta version of nxengine with full widescreen support on the Pandora (not released to the public yet), I wanted to wait for that...

It works perfectly, but music playing needs to be optimized (is stuttering a bit).

Zear was working on this, hopefully, he hasn't abandoned the project :)

Awesome, I'd never heard of nxengine but I'd been hoping for something like that. Shame we can't convince Nicalis to do a Pandora port of the WiiWare version, the updated graphics, and other things, are nice.

Umm, porting the original Cave Story wouldn't be an issue since it's freeware...

Wait, so the port of Cave Story to the GP2X was done with Pixel's blessing? Damn. I thought he'd released the source code to that. What about that port to the DS that got canned? Did he allow that, too?

Yes and yes. The DS port was canceled at Pixel's request because he was just about to start selling it on the Wii and was afraid of legal issues if the DS homebrew version was released.

Back