Ginge on 1GHz

frefol

I just got my 1GHz Pandora on Thursday and so far it's pretty cool. My right nub doesn't work right and have already emailed Craig about it. That's not the point of this thread though. I have a few games from my GP2X that I have not seen versions of for the Pandora so I just ran them through Ginge. My question is, can you slow down Ginge separately from the system? I have to downclock the Pandora to 180-200 MHz to be able to play the games. I tried setting the proc speed for Ginge in Minimenu but it does not seem to do anything. I can't be sure but I think I remember someone saying the CPU speed part of the OVR doesn't work but I couldn't find it while searching. I have only tried a few games from Willems Soft (joyrider on the GP2X forums) so maybe it is not with all the GP2X software.

:D you could play GP2X games for, like... 30+ hours at that clock speed! Well, not quite screen and other components will still draw a fair bit of power, but does sound weird that it's running extremely fast... I've played a bit of GP2X games on my CC Pandora and most run very fluid and better than on the original hardware (like vektar is so smooth and Payback actually has the fuzzy distortion/blur that I always saw in videos but never saw on my device personally) but nothing quite that extreme... can I ask which games?

I actually found something kind of strange with this. I was playing Blockdude from willemsoft.be (joyrider) and it ran too fast to play easily. I found that there were 2 versions of Blockdude on my card. The newest version is 1.3 where joyrider added external joystick support and that version runs at normal speed. Then I found that if you create a file called cpuspeed (i think) in the appdata folder with the speed in MHz then it starts Ginge at the slower clock speed. I don't know if that speed will make anything else run badly but I haven't seen any problems yet.

Back