Release Final Countdown

to bad they dont mix the list with pre orders :p so it will be a gamble if i or you receive one of the first 500.

what about warrenty on the pandora's? one year like standard in europe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe i am and will be positive, my b'day is the twenty first of may im still hopefull although my my brain tells me its inpossible:p

borgqueenx said:
to bad they dont mix the list with pre orders :p so it will be a gamble if i or you receive one of the first 500.

what about warrenty on the pandora's? one year like standard in europe?

Yes.

I feel like the first 500 won't arrive much earlier than the remaining 3500, as most people are assuming. There's going to be a gap because all 500 will be extensively tested before shipping, to see how much testing per batch they need to do on the rest of the ones that they produce. Once they find this out though, the production of the remaining 3500 should happen shortly after the first 500 are tested and shipped.

can't wait to see the crystal case...
I do really hope that they will sell crystal case as option with the diferent layout keyboard...

Is the factory for making the boards already booked? For when?

just to mention

under EU law the minimum guarantee period is 2 years, Britain signed up to the agreement, but as usual the Gubmint has been dragging its heels and ignoring complaints/allowing companies to just offer 1 year, but legally you have a two year guarantee, just waiting for someone to bring it to the EU`s attention, it`s gonna cost some firms big time if the EU make their judgement retrospective, just think of all those folk that could claim if they did :eek:

'hobbyman II' said:
just to mention

under EU law the minimum guarantee period is 2 years, Britain signed up to the agreement, but as usual the Gubmint has been dragging its heels and ignoring complaints/allowing companies to just offer 1 year, but legally you have a two year guarantee, just waiting for someone to bring it to the EU`s attention, it`s gonna cost some firms big time if the EU make their judgement retrospective, just think of all those folk that could claim if they did :eek:
a good so me ps3 will be under warranty, i can play it again (stupid 2.70 update)

'emcp' said:
'hobbyman II' said:
just to mention

a good so me ps3 will be under warranty, i can play it again (stupid 2.70 update)

Sony actually fixed mine knowingly out of warranty, which was pretty nice. But officially it's only a 1 year warranty, though it probably shound be 2.

Goity said:
'emcp' said:
'hobbyman II' said:
just to mention

Sony actually fixed mine knowingly out of warranty, which was pretty nice. But officially it's only a 1 year warranty, though it probably shound be 2.
kind of like what nintendo did for me. oh, wait, no they refused to fix my wii while it was stilll under warranty even though i hadn't done anything to void it.

PoisonedV said:
Goity said:
'emcp' said:
'hobbyman II' said:
just to mention

kind of like what nintendo did for me. oh, wait, no they refused to fix my wii while it was stilll under warranty even though i hadn't done anything to void it.

I would like to point out here, that there's an EU directive regarding (bad translation follows) "error responsibility" and expected life time for a product. This supercedes any warranty and basically means, that if a device has a manufacturing flaw, which presents itself during the expected lifetime of the device or item, the reseller/manufacturer/importer (depends) has to fix/replace it or refund its current value. Expected lifetimes for different items are enumerated in the directive. I got my 4 year old Acer laptop refunded because of this when its motherboard broke down, albeit after 1.5 years of rope tugging :D

Oh, and the responsibility to show its NOT a manufacturing flaw is on the selling side, of course.

I would like to point out here, that there's an EU directive regarding (bad translation follows) "error responsibility" and expected life time for a product. This supercedes any warranty and basically means, that if a device has a manufacturing flaw, which presents itself during the expected lifetime of the device or item, the reseller/manufacturer/importer (depends) has to fix/replace it or refund its current value. Expected lifetimes for different items are enumerated in the directive. I got my 4 year old Acer laptop refunded because of this when its motherboard broke down, albeit after 1.5 years of rope tugging :D

Oh, and the responsibility to show its NOT a manufacturing flaw is on the selling side, of course.

That's wrong for Germany, and as far as I know also for the rest of the EU. The "error responsibilty" you are talking about is the only thing that you have by law, any further warranty is voluntary for the manufeaturer. This error responsibility, however, is limited to two years after you bought the item for everything, with some execeptions like houses which are not relevant here. The responsibility to show that it's not a manufeaturing flaw is on the selling side only in the first six months, after that the buyer has to prove that it was a manufeaturing fault. That is, however, handled more customer friendly by most sellers in reality.

Xtreme2k said:

That's wrong for Germany, and as far as I know also for the rest of the EU. The "error responsibilty" you are talking about is the only thing that you have by law, any further warranty is voluntary for the manufeaturer. This error responsibility, however, is limited to two years after you bought the item for everything, with some execeptions like houses which are not relevant here. The responsibility to show that it's not a manufeaturing flaw is on the selling side only in the first six months, after that the buyer has to prove that it was a manufeaturing fault. That is, however, handled more customer friendly by most sellers in reality.
After a brief plunge into the wonderful world of EU pdf files, you seem to be right. I have no idea where that consumer rights official (translation may be wrong) got the directive when I needed it :). I stand corrected.

oh well, one year warrenty for the pandora is fine :) i just hope it holds the second year, i dont need a third, the third year it will be on ebay or something :p

borgqueenx said:
oh well, one year warrenty for the pandora is fine :) i just hope it holds the second year, i dont need a third, the third year it will be on ebay or something :p
What? You're not serious right? :D

borgqueenx said:

how dare you not use the pandora for all eternity.

'Xian Long' said:
'borgqueenx' said:

the pandora 2 will arrise, or something better :p

borgqueenx said:
'Xian Long' said:

As long as there is a human soul inside, the Pandora will outlive the Earth, as an eternal testament to mankind's existence.

lulzfish said:
borgqueenx said:
'Xian Long' said:

As long as there is a human soul inside, the Pandora will outlive the Earth, as an eternal testament to mankind's existence.

the pandora wont outlive the earth, just the release date will

lulzfish said:
Confirmed: Pandora powered by human souls.

Back