Finally Ordered A Blu!

Billy Lee

I finally ordered a 166MHz BLU from GBAX yesterday. I can't wait to get it and join the community and play all those ace Megadrive, PC Engine etc games. I'm going to save it until Christmas though (that's what I used to do in the good old days when I was a kid).

One thing I'm not happy about though is the price. GBAX listed it at £119.99. What they didn't mention was that was without VAT. The final price with VAT and P&P added came up to just over £148! That put me off a little bit and is more than the price of the PSP and Nintendo DS. And I still have to buy an SMC. However, it's for Christmas so I guess it's okay to spoil myself this once. Still, I'm not happy about the price, especially considering GP32s have been out for about 3 years now.

Yeah the price sux.

But you've got one!!!

You have now become one of us!
A devine breed of gamers standing above all other earthly mortals.

Your life will now be full of luck and success, jus because of that little white bundle of joy, the almighty GP32 with its magic powers.

Welcome to the real life!!!!

Or maybe i'm exaggerating.

Think of it as a one off payment... you really dont need to buy anything again after a SMC :) . Gamepark is probably too small a company to cut their prices.

No, you're not exagerrating. I've always wanted a handheld that can play Megadrive games. It's a dream come true. And I can't wait to do all the other stuff like play homebrew games, develop my own games (I'm a games programmer so I'll hope to give you something pretty good if I get the time) and play Beats Of Rage! Oh man, I'm so excited! Christmas can't come soon enough.

Yes it is bad that the price is not listed including VAT...

I had the same shock when i ordered but then if they had listed the vat price before hand i probably wouldnt have bought it, so i can see why they dont mention it until the end. Saying that their customer service is excellant and delivery is quick. Trust me u wont be dissapointed with the Gp32 i love mine.

I'm guessing they don't print the VAT as they sell internationally so they don't add the VAT until you select UK or whatever in the box.

Don't worry though it's money well spent. The GP is the mutts. :)

No, you're not exagerrating. I've always wanted a handheld that can play Megadrive games. It's a dream come true. And I can't wait to do all the other stuff like play homebrew games, develop my own games (I'm a games programmer so I'll hope to give you something pretty good if I get the time) and play Beats Of Rage! Oh man, I'm so excited! Christmas can't come soon enough.

You picked the right time then, with a great new Megadrive emulator out & being worked on (Reesy's Dr. MD - damn brilliant), and a slew of amazing homebrew games flooding us recently!

Welcome to the community!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back