Gbax Are Great!

steven84 posted on Dec 21 2004 at 11:31 PM said:
gbax are annoying - they sent me a faulty gp32+ lcd model , wish they would of repaired the faulty one and gave me it back...
their not faulty! just errrrrrrr......... they have special needs liek me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
steven84 posted on Dec 21 2004 at 05:31 PM said:
gbax are annoying - they sent me a faulty gp32+ lcd model , wish they would of repaired the faulty one and gave me it back...

the gp32 technically isn't faulty
it just has a different lcd that gamepark decided to start putting in it (because it was cheaper than the samsung one)
the software is reacting badly to it
they can't give you a good gp32 because there aren't any
you cant fix the lcd

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Gamepark really screwed us over by doing that...
We can't just make new homebrews with only the new init values set, because then they wouldn't work right on the FLUs, BLUs (non +), and the unlits.
We can't keep using the old settings because they don't work on the newer models.
We can make an option to set what display you have, but that only works on non-abandoned homebrews.

Unless someone figures this out (which kinda seems almost impossible, because sure, you can have the bios just init the correct settings in when the game starts, but if it did that, the game would overwrite them), there's really not much we can do about it.

And besides, even if Gamepark switched back to the Samsung, how would we know? We'd have to go through all of the BLU+'s to get to that batch.

If only Gamepark hadn't done this... -_- It will take nothing short of a miracle to fix this, especially since Gamepark could potentially keep making them this way, permanently, never switching back to Samsung.

By the way, why do you need to write init values to the LCD screen anyway? I mean, if you only need to do it once, and never again, you could probably just modify freelauncher into writing the correct init values to the LCD, and ignoring all further init value writing, somehow.

Back