Release Firefox 16.0.2

Sorry, but what problem are you trying to address here?

Do that many javascripts use floating point?

WebGL isn't compiled in, so that doesn't need it...

It's not that I mind doing a build for fp/neon at some point, but where's the WIIFM factor?

IIABDFI.

The only thing I'm seriously considering doing is WebGL.

Flash will never be faster/better, right?

I didn't notice a difference form 13 to 16.

(I want some open source adobe flash player)

(Let's go to Kickstarter for one)

Anyway, hdonk, you spoiled us now. You should have at least akted like it takes a lot of time to compile the next version. Obviously it doesn't take much to do it, so where is version 17??

No, just kidding of course ^_^

Thanks again, I'm actually writing this from my Pandora using Firefox 16. Being able to say so is already pretty awsome!!

There's Gnash, but it is currently only compatible up to Flash 8. It does work with YouTube, at least.

One problem is the Flash EULA includes disallowing you from reverse-engineering or developing a competing product for Flash. It's probably not legally enforceable, but Adobe has money and individual users don't. Because of this, the Gnash team is only made up of people who have never installed Flash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I have just got a remix unit and this version of firefox doesnt even launch.

the pnd is in the app folder but nothing shows up on desktop or menu.

using 1.5.2, all other pnd i have run fine, had to install chromium to get a browser :( lol

even right-click execute does nothing...

Al.

Have yo tried the following (in a terminal)?

Code:
pnd_run /media/yoursdcardname/pandora/menu/firefoxpndname.pnd

(replacing 'menu' with 'mmenu','desktop' or 'apps', as appropriate, and substututing the pnd name.)

---

Also try redownloading the pnd - it may be corrupt/incomplete

Sorry, but what problem are you trying to address here?

Do that many javascripts use floating point?

WebGL isn't compiled in, so that doesn't need it...

It's not that I mind doing a build for fp/neon at some point, but where's the WIIFM factor?

IIABDFI.

The only thing I'm seriously considering doing is WebGL.
I don't have any hard data, but depending how much FF uses floats to do it's work, chances are it would be a bit faster overall. You are already enabling armv7 from what I saw in the disassembly, so why not have float too?

If that looks problematic to you then yeah, no need to spend time on it, but from what Linux-SWAT posted it looks just a few ./configure flags need to be added/changed (probably something like --with-fpu=neon --with-float-abi=softfp --with-soft-float=no).

Have yo tried the following (in a terminal)?

Code:
pnd_run /media/yoursdcardname/pandora/menu/firefoxpndname.pnd

(replacing 'menu' with 'mmenu','desktop' or 'apps', as appropriate, and substututing the pnd name.)

---

Also try redownloading the pnd - it may be corrupt/incomplete

Thx for the info, yeah had to download it like 5 times before had a working one :( maybe it was being .99999 updated lol...

Al.

I'll try a neon build next time I do a clean build. Just fighting webrtc as it doesn't compile for arm...

@Wombatter: As others pointed out, make sure first you've downloaded correctly the pnd (watch over the size on the repo and on your card). If you had any older version of FF before, you can also try to delete the /media/YOURCARD/pandora/appdata/hdonk_firefox_001 folder. At least thats what helped me some months ago when updating FF. That might be perhaps irrelevant now with the latest releases, I just wanted to share this.

Back