Release Firefox 18.0

Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? etc

The funny thing is, that I think that only Zero3K is seriuos about his claim, that it should be finished already ;)

It's the full 19 desktop version.

And the build has failed - toolchain issue.

Will you also try out the Android version.

If it is also fully usable and makes browsing faster, it's maybe a nice solution as well.

A second PND called "FireFox light", so we can use both PNDs.

With 2 PNDs you won't ahve to medd arround to improve the light version (plugins, addons).

I think it's worth to try it (except it's tile consuming if the Android version is vompletely different to the desktop version to build).

If it is also fully usable and makes browsing faster, it's maybe a nice solution as well.

With 2 PNDs you won't ahve to medd arround to improve the light version (plugins, addons).

I think it's worth to try it (except it's tile consuming if the Android version is vompletely different to the desktop version to build).
The Android version will be totally different - Android uses different interfaces all over the place. Maybe you mean Fennec?

tile consuming
Yeah, takes propably lots of tiles...
But, in the real world, android userspace != linux userspace, thus you propably cant build "Android Firefox" for linux that easily.

-- oh, part ninja'd --

But yeah if you can build "Fennec" or whatever is the Firefox Mobile on linux version nowadays it could be nice?

EDIT: Testing edits...

Last edited by a moderator:
tile consuming
Yeah, takes propably lots of tiles...

But, in the real world, android userspace != linux userspace, thus you propably cant build "Android Firefox" for linux that easily.

-- oh, part ninja'd --

But yeah if you can build "Fennec" or whatever is the Firefox Mobile on linux version nowadays it could be nice?
RIght. Time, not tile.

I'd better read what I write after typing.

Such stuff slips through spell checking :D .

The Android version will be totally different - Android uses different interfaces all over the place. Maybe you mean Fennec?
That's the one I mean: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox&hl=en

No Fennec.

The build failed again, with the same toolchain that build FF18 ok. I'm going to have to do some digging, I'm guessing the Mozilla Mob have tried to do something clever!

That's with two different versions of codeblocks. The 'native' opkg version is too old to build FF.

Back