Firefox Mobile Hit 1.0.

second exodous said:
I still use FF on the desktop because of the plug-ins even though Chrome is faster, so maybe I'll be the same way on my Pandora.

Chrome actually has a fairly large extension repository now with a whole lot of Firefox addons converted over. These extensions (Adblock, Fasterfox, Userscripts, etc) were the last thing keeping me from moving over to Chrome.

As with Firefox, you have to be careful which extensions you use. I noticed that a few (particularly ForecastFox) would slow your browser down to a crawl.

Last edited by a moderator:
lulzfish said:
What's Weave? Why is it worth not using WebKit?

Weave is a Mozilla labs add-on that syncs your tabs, history, forms, and passwords with other computers/mobile devices. It is similar to the Google Chrome bookmark sync or the Xmarks addon for Firefox/IE/Chrome/Safari.

Why not Webkit? Because the Mozilla foundation is proud of their Gecko renderer. There isn't much difference that I could tell between the speeds of Gecko and Webkit; they just render some pages slightly different. The big push right now isn't even with improving these renderers but with javascript virtual machine speeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting for a good FireFox release.

I've had terrible expierence with Modori. NOT on a Pandora, it was on a SmartQ.

It was rotten! It's probably hardware issues, but I despised it. We'll see how it goes. craigiX said Midori is good on Pandora.

Maybe the could slip a copy of FireFox into the OS by default?

All it would take is a moment to install the browser of your choice after you get the device.

Webkit is definitely going to be faster than the mobile firefox gecko, really the only reason to NOT use a webkit based browser on the pandora is because of Firefox extensions. Chrome still lacks proper adblock/noscript support. Adblock for chrome just HIDES ads, it doesn't stop them from downloading like it does in firefox adblock plus - which can be a concern for someone using bandwidth capped 3G, and there is noscript alternative at all.

Back