Firefox problem

Crono

Still Fresh
Hi, I try to open Firefox and get: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system."

Until now I restarted, I uninstalled and Installed Firefox to the last version, I deleted PND and appdata Firefox folder and even gave PNDstore to do the same automatically. And nothing helps. I don't know how "to close\kill" the existing process.

Please can anyone help?

(And sorry for my bad english :)

Crono

Hi, I try to open Firefox and get: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system."

Until now I restarted, I uninstalled and Installed Firefox to the last version, I deleted PND and appdata Firefox folder and even gave PNDstore to do the same automatically. And nothing helps. I don't know how "to close\kill" the existing process.

Please can anyone help?

(And sorry for my bad english :)

Crono
Sounds like you've leaked a lock file. Try 'find /pandora/appdata/ -name .parentlock -exec rm \{\} \;' from a terminal.

Hi

I tried and get:

cronopandi:~$ find /pandora/appdata/ -name .parentlock -exec rm \{\} \;

find: `/pandora/appdata/op_lidsettings/.wh..wh.plnk': Permission denied

find: `/pandora/appdata/op_switchgui/.wh..wh.plnk': Permission denied

find: `/pandora/appdata/mmenuevince/.wh..wh.plnk': Permission denied

find: `/pandora/appdata/op_startupmanager/.wh..wh.plnk': Permission denied

find: `/pandora/appdata/op_inputtest/.wh..wh.plnk': Permission denied

cronopandi:~$

I don't know what can I do with that.

Thanks for your assistance!

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't really answering your question, but I've used Firefox on the Pandora for months and in the end I got fed up with its sluggishness and problems. I switched to Midori (latest) and I couldn't be happier. You might think about ditching Firefox for now.

Hi

I tried and get:

cronopandi:~$ find /pandora/appdata/ -name .parentlock -exec rm \{\} \;

find: `/pandora/appdata/op_lidsettings/.wh..wh.plnk': Permission denied

find: `/pandora/appdata/op_switchgui/.wh..wh.plnk': Permission denied

find: `/pandora/appdata/mmenuevince/.wh..wh.plnk': Permission denied

find: `/pandora/appdata/op_startupmanager/.wh..wh.plnk': Permission denied

find: `/pandora/appdata/op_inputtest/.wh..wh.plnk': Permission denied

cronopandi:~$

I don't know what can I do with that.

Thanks for your assistance!
Did you try running it after that?

@lobski I agree Midori is a great browser (it's my current option) but I am so used to Firefox than anything else seems "harder" and takes me more time.

@hdonk Yes, I did try and get the same.

Delete the hdonk.firefox folder in appdata, it will fix it as far as I know, this happens whenever firefox crashes.

@Darkknight512 Thanks! You were right, I deleted hdonk.firefox and that fix it. I didn't know Firefox open two folders for data!

Anyway I learned many things on the Pandora because of the issue so at the end went well.

Thank you all for your help .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back