Firmware 1.1.0 Released On Korean Page


Have updated without problems, so far the only obvious difference I've noticed is a DivX encoded film I had on my card which didn't play the other day, now works fine.

I've got a load of video and MP3s on my other card....but I can't bloody find it.....why do they have to be so small.
 
wiggythebrave posted on Dec 22 2005 at 07:40 PM said:
Have updated without problems, so far the only obvious difference I've noticed is a DivX encoded film I had on my card which didn't play the other day, now works fine.

I've got a load of video and MP3s on my other card....but I can't bloody find it.....why do they have to be so small.
​

The updates are more in the features department...not so much that is visible..

-MUCH better battery life
-Improved video playback (I think)
-USB support
-Improved SD card support (2GB cards are finally recognized)
-TV Out support (for videos)
-Improved LCD picture
-etc
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if theyre holding the tv out chip in reset now when its not being used if the battery life has been improved.

And I guess we've got to wait for Craigix or possibly ED to tell us how well the tv out works
 
VERY happy with this upgrade (dare I say UBER HAPPY?)

my 2gb chip works great, and the system seems overall better. battery life should be improved, yet i havent tested it yet, and im about to try the usb connection

YAY!!!
 
My PC doesn't even recognise it now - before it found it but nothing... now just nothing. Ah well not to worry, I'll stick with the inbuilt card reader.
 
Neither does mine....if i connect it i can hear the windows beep but i see no storage device in my computer......if i go into device manager though there is an exclimation mark next to a "mass storage device".

What this means though i dont know.... ill wait till someone with a bit more knowledge comes along :)
 
Wheee, the update worked for me. Probably because I formatted a card I hadn't tried before as FAT32. The GP2X seems to work fine but I haven't encoded any movies to try yet. The screen now has scanlines that weren't there before - I'venot looked at the video tweaker program yet. Amusingly, the scanlines I used to get in the DrMD menu have now gone!
 
I cant belive that they cant even get the bloody thing to sync with windows....jesus should these people be allowed by law to make gaming devices if a simple thing like connecting it to windows and windows seeing the device they cant do.......what else has this firmware done? i just ran the megadrive emu on 250mhz and it lasted 50 mins with 2500mha batts ( exactly the same as before). If the batt life doesnt improve soon ill be selling mine i think.

Anyone else tried batterie time and found anything better or worse?
 
unlucky posted on Dec 22 2005 at 02:48 PM said:
Much better battery life sounds hopefuly if the initial drain is down maybe my 200mah will work better now
​

200?!?!?! I use 2500

Would 200mah even power a CD player? o.O
 
Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 22 2005 at 03:26 PM said:
cool, I just noticed that the sd is recognized w/o having to reboot the system. pull in, pull out. repeat as needed!
​
Oooh. Nice!

Also, lets see how long till this makes front page news lol. Im guessing page 7.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
stepp posted on Dec 22 2005 at 08:26 PM said:
I cant belive that they cant even get the bloody thing to sync with windows....jesus should these people be allowed by law to make gaming devices if a simple thing like connecting it to windows and windows seeing the device they cant do.......what else has this firmware done? i just ran the megadrive emu on 250mhz and it lasted 50 mins with 2500mha batts ( exactly the same as before). If the batt life doesnt improve soon ill be selling mine i think.

Anyone else tried batterie time and found anything better or worse?
​
You must have a dodgy unit/ batteries/ charger.

Your problem is not firmware- I get hours of DrMD play on my 2300mah batteries.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
stepp posted on Dec 22 2005 at 09:26 PM said:
I cant belive that they cant even get the bloody thing to sync with windows....jesus should these people be allowed by law to make gaming devices if a simple thing like connecting it to windows and windows seeing the device they cant do.......what else has this firmware done? i just ran the megadrive emu on 250mhz and it lasted 50 mins with 2500mha batts ( exactly the same as before). If the batt life doesnt improve soon ill be selling mine i think.

Anyone else tried batterie time and found anything better or worse?
​
Sounds like you have:
1. old/bad batteries
2. or bad charger
3. or bad GP2X
 
Last edited by a moderator:
declaration posted on Dec 22 2005 at 08:41 PM said:
stepp posted on Dec 22 2005 at 08:26 PM said:
I cant belive that they cant even get the bloody thing to sync with windows....jesus should these people be allowed by law to make gaming devices if a simple thing like connecting it to windows and windows seeing the device they cant do.......what else has this firmware done? i just ran the megadrive emu on 250mhz and it lasted 50 mins with 2500mha batts ( exactly the same as before). If the batt life doesnt improve soon ill be selling mine i think.

Anyone else tried  batterie time and found anything better or worse?
​
You must have a dodgy unit/ batteries/ charger.

Your problem is not firmware- I get hours of DrMD play on my 2300mah batteries.
​

EDIT.....naff batts....just got some off a mate and they are lasting much longer
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top