Firmware 1.1.0 Released On Korean Page

Just updated to 1.1.0, but afterwards the GP2X doesn't show any files on the SD card. I can connect the GP2X via USB to my laptop and the contents of the SD card show up fine, but any menu on the GP2X shows the SD card as empty. Perhaps a mounting problem?

It's a Kingston 512Mb SD card, worked great before, and was used to perform the firmware upgrade.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Kingston, not Sandisk

PSyMastR posted on Dec 23 2005 at 03:24 AM said:
lolz. Its still not on the front page.

The alternate updater made it, but the firmware didn't
there's a link to the new firmware in the alternate updater post, look at the bottom. However, it does seem pretty well hidden considering what a big deal it is...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what the problem is. I've rebooted and reformatted the SD card several times, as well as tried putting in the card before/after/during the boot process, the GP2X just never acknowledges it....

...except when I connect it via USB to my PC, then I can read/write files on it just fine.

So, I put on the old 1.0.1 image and regressed. Everything's working again.

I suspect the new firmware is having some issue with my SD card which the old firmware (and the bootloader) do not seem to have.

I think I'll try it again after I get a 1 or 2Gb Sandisk, since those are more often compatible.

Hmm, that's weird. I have the exact same kind of card that's exactly the same size and it worked fine for me and still does now that I've upgrade

My upgrade went fine at the fist try (with a sandisk 128MB) but then the gp2x didn't recognize the 1GB integral I got. No way to mount it. So i had to downgrade to 1.0.1 :(

Upgrade went fine, but now my Dane-Elec 1Gb is definitly not recognized... my sandisk is.

Way to go GPH !

craigix posted on Dec 22 2005 at 10:54 PM said:
Ahhh don't destroy your GP2X's - Just wait for the alternative updater.

Did no one get my newsletter? :(

Nope....

Oscaruzzo posted on Dec 23 2005 at 05:38 PM said:
My upgrade went fine at the fist try (with a sandisk 128MB) but then the gp2x didn't recognize the 1GB integral I got. No way to mount it. So i had to downgrade to 1.0.1 :(
I'm using a 1GB Integral with v1.1.0 and it still works fine. Strange.

calqlater posted on Dec 23 2005 at 04:13 AM said:
Just updated to 1.1.0, but afterwards the GP2X doesn't show any files on the SD card. I can connect the GP2X via USB to my laptop and the contents of the SD card show up fine, but any menu on the GP2X shows the SD card as empty. Perhaps a mounting problem?

It's a Kingston 512Mb SD card, worked great before, and was used to perform the firmware upgrade.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Kingston, not Sandisk

I had that problem after updating, but it went away after i rebooted with the card still in. The update worked fine for me, which tbh surprised me a bit as i'm using one of the ebuyer/viking cards which are listed as not working in the firmware update thread :) .

On the other hand, the scan lines in the movie player do seem to be a bit worse. DrMDx is fine though, as before.

i've experienced no update problems other than now windows xp doesn't pick up the gp2x with usb, so i'm stuck to using card readers. haven't tested this yet in linux.

My experiences with the new firmware:

- scanlines / flickering not improved
- my Integral sdcard could not be read anymore (though the Sandisk could)

all in all, not an improvement, I reverted back to the old 1.0.1 firmware.

Scanlines / flickering improved, but not completely fixed.

USB half works, Windows picks it up, but then fails.

1 step closer to a fully working firmware :)

boogle posted on Dec 23 2005 at 01:41 PM said:

Yup, same problem with USB. But its a step closer.

PSyMastR posted on Dec 23 2005 at 07:49 PM said:
boogle posted on Dec 23 2005 at 01:41 PM said:

Yup, same problem with USB. But its a step closer.

yeah it's not just windows, tested it with linux too and nothing. so a step back for the usb connection as both linux and xp used to work great for me

craigix posted on Dec 23 2005 at 12:54 AM said:
Ahhh don't destroy your GP2X's - Just wait for the alternative updater.

Did no one get my newsletter? :(

No, unfortunately :(
I just updated using my Apacer 256Mb card and it went ok.

@Cragix, will you be shipping TV-out cables now? :rolleyes:

Some info, I hooked my GP2X up to my power supply b4 flashing and they really improved the power usage. I supplied 3.00V to the battery pins. In idle state my (2nd batch) unit used to draw 44*10^1 mA (firmware 1.0.1). Now it draws 33*10^1 mA (firmware 1.1.0) in the idle state.

Back