Firmware 3.0.0

If I understand correctly, this new firmware add the support of an animated skin only, so to speed up the boot time of the firmware v3 can we just add an unanimated skin and select it ?

Arre there any changes to the video player, mp3 player etc in the new firmware?

Question: will all new firmwares from now on be excessively newbie-friendly? I don't want to bloat the Nand with video tutorials and other preloaded content that is useless to me, but useful to others.

- Alex

Question: will all new firmwares from now on be excessively newbie-friendly? I don't want to bloat the Nand with video tutorials and other preloaded content that is useless to me, but useful to others.

- Alex
Ftp the gp2x and delete the trash? Or will it involve increase in the 'partition size' (not sure if the linux part is just hidden folders or actually an extra hidden partition)?

All those tutorials/manuals etc should come on a disk instead, I mean can you really use a GP2x without a PC? Obviously, there should be some kind of help txt built in to the GP2x - for when you're on the move, stuff like button mappings/ what the system settings do.. If they're really determined, then it could be put on a cheap sd card (preloaded with other stuff?), which would double as a good starting place for newbie storage.

Eh I don't care what version number a firmware is given, I just wait for the ones that offer decent/attractive features. And I don't think they're going to give up trying to improve the GP2x via firmwares.

Edit; some formatting

Last edited by a moderator:

- Alex

Well, you can always delete that stuff, if you want.
However, I find it very comfy to have games like FloboPuyo, Noiz2SA and SuperTux on the NAND :)

Last edited:
Back