Firmware 4 And Emulations Need Advice

pubzombie

Hi guys, I am a new to gpx and have a new f200 with firmware 4.0. Is anybody else having emulation problems as i don't want to mess around downgrading unless i have to as i am an idiot newb and still dont know whether its the firmware or me.
cheers all

pubzombie said:
Hi guys, I am a new to gpx and have a new f200 with firmware 4.0. Is anybody else having emulation problems as i don't want to mess around downgrading unless i have to as i am an idiot newb and still dont know whether its the firmware or me.
cheers all
Link 1

Link 2

And I wouldn't downgrade the firmware unless you want to lose a few features. (sound apparently + touchscreen support)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't downgrade, all previous firmware is for the F-100. As Lurkio says, you'll lose the touch screen. At worst, the downgrade could go wrong and you brick your GP2X.

Any emulators that don't work will probably be fixed soon.

yup, firmware downgrade is not an option for f200. it wouldn't change much anyway.

there is some learning curve with gp2x software as it comes from different places. everyone tries their best but there are multiple ways to do the same thing (as far as where to store files, which buttons do what, etc).

basically it boils down to:
- check the wiki
- read the readmes (sometimes apps or files have to be in a specific place)
- search the forum
- get a card reader
- check your batteries!!

in no particular order.

also, amiga is a tough one to start with. you need a specific overdumped version of the kickstart rom.

check out picodrive, get you gp2x confidence up :D

don't forget about cool homebrew & ports like parkydr's linked in his sig, or sqdef, cave story, ghostpix, tecnoballz, many more...

*parky...i can has tuchskrn liquidwar plz?

Back