Firmware Upgrading

Mr Pace

Still Fresh
I have a Firmware 2.0 GPX2, which i have never tried updating the firmware on and am a little nervous about doing so. Can someone please explain, or link to an up to date guide, how to upgrade this to the latest (if that's the best to have??) firmware from the firmware i have. It needs to be a real idiot's guide because, well, i'm an idiot :)
thanks in advance.

Gah, it didn't update my firmware... just the frontend. I can see the fancy new fades, but the boot screen still says 2.0. I hope I can figure this out when I get back from lunch.

i'm not sure if it's possible or not, i would imagine it is, but if you didn't update the bootloader you wouldn't have to worry about bricking your gp2x.

If I knew how to read it wouldn't be a problem. I kept trying it holding down Vol+/- instead of Start and Select. I don't know how many times I read those directions before I realized that. I'm 2.1.1 now!

Ok. So is 3.0 the latest (and best) firmware? And what steps do i need to go through to get my 2.0 firmware up to 3.0 (ie do i have to upgrade to 2.1 first, then another etc etc)

Back