First Impressions White Caanoo

Yuki

Still Fresh
Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to thank you the implementers of the caanoo and the whole GP32X community for keeping this thing alive since first GP32.

This is my second device since I had one GP32 from GBAX.com ( I must say that craigix is great guy and it was my first import purchase and it did very well - 2004) .
I got my device from goldenbridge.hk , the web site has very user friendly and it did take only 10 minutes to complete my order via pay pal.
On the other hand their customer support is not so good. Shipping done 2 days later than my order active (since the time diffirences between Turkey and Hong Kong, they were all sleeping when I completed my order) I have wrote several e-mails to them but got no response. So I have added the msn contact of after sales person . She was kind and completed my order in just 30 seconds.
You can see that it is only 30 seconds job but it did take 2 days to get an answer and 1 dispute with pay pal.
Shipping was with UPS and UPS has very nice online tracking system.You can follow your shipments status on-line easily.
After harsh effect of Turkish customs , I got my caanoo in hand. (with 2 days late shipment it did take only 6 days total China to Turkey).

Since GP32 has digital but joystick stile (click -click sound with everytouch) Caanoo's smooth analog stick sure better :)

A-B-X-Y buttons are soft to touch, I would like it if they are a little harder than this.

I -II buttons quiet good positioned .

Screen is bright and has good touch sense I have seen so far.

Speakers has really good sound not much loud of course. But positioned good and makes you in mood.

stylus pen is a pen has no style :) (sorry for bad joke)

Left -Right Shoulder buttons are OK.

USB input well positioned.

I couldn't able to test the TV out option because I don't have a TV out cable yet.

Product has good touch , smooth and gives you better quality impressions .

Package is very small (small package means less shipping cost)

+ Goldenbridge gives 1 EA 4GB SDHC cart (this is nice gift and I got no idea about this when I purchase. Total surprise).

- Volume level adjuster is not good postitioned and slides easily , I didn't like it. Not a good idea. Perhaps digital one would be better or a radio button.

This is my first impressions about my caanoo.

I will keep posting.

Thanks for reading .

Any comments are welcome.

ok.. some game tests.

Mame runs at 650 mhz smooth just need a little implementations
NeoGeo cd
Picodrive
CPS2
all very well.

NanoGl Quake.....
No words... really really the best quake port (even better than the WII-port ).
Flash games .. all lag.. no chance...
actually I was hoping to play flash games but they need much RAM and speed I guess.

I liked the volume slider - I don't find it to stick out too far or be too easy to slide about. The stylus pen looks about the same as the DSi stylus; most styluses are fairly simplistic (since they have to fit in the handheld and conform to the object's shape). However, good that you're sharing info with others who may not know or be sure about the Caanoo.

i have to admit i was one of those people who thought speakers on the back and analog stick was stupid... but after having it since september i just have to say i am VERY HAPPY i bought it.

@Blues - Me too. I was originally feeling as though I wouldn't use it that much before I bought it, but I play it a pretty goodly amount. The battery life alone is worth it to me.

Hi White Cat and welcome to the community.

I have to say i totally agree with you on the volume control. It is the worst part about the Caanoo. Just awful. Other then that (and the pretty crappy shoulder buttons), I think it is a great device. The touch screen has been improved from the older consoles as well.

/Uni

u9i said:
Hi White Cat and welcome to the community.

I have to say i totally agree with you on the volume control. It is the worst part about the Caanoo. Just awful. Other then that (and the pretty crappy shoulder buttons), I think it is a great device. The touch screen has been improved from the older consoles as well.

/Uni

The volume slider has never been much of a problem to me, though I do wish it was analogue rather than digital. There's quite a bit of finesse in how far you push it in either direction, and it would've been nice to have that level of control over the volume rather than the series of 'steps' you can achieve with it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back