First Timer

slvryaris

Still Fresh
Hello all. I am new to the Dingoo and haven't even received mine yet. I purchased one from a seller in Beijing off Ebay and was curious what is some stuff I should do to it right out of the box? I'm not sure what the firmware is or if the serial number has an HK in it so I don't know what I am dealing with yet. Please remember that I am new to this, but I do know what I am doing with a computer to some extent. Thanks in advance for all the help and links if ya got any.

point ur browser over to dingoonity, they've got plenty of tutorials etc. The first thing I'd do is install Dingux (Dingoo-Linux), it's totally worth the effort. You'll need a mini-sd card tho (or a micro-sd w/adapter)

Consequence_9 said:
point ur browser over to dingoonity, they've got plenty of tutorials etc. The first thing I'd do is install Dingux (Dingoo-Linux), it's totally worth the effort. You'll need a mini-sd card tho (or a micro-sd w/adapter)

About the Dingux is about the only way to brick it is by not having the battery not fully charged or by interrupting the process while it is loading? Like I said I am new to this and I know some of my questions will be elementary to you guys. About 5 of my co workers are purchasing Dingoos and I guess I am the guinea pig to figure them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
slvryaris said:
Consequence_9 said:

About the Dingux is about the only way to brick it is by not having the battery not fully charged or by interrupting the process while it is loading? Like I said I am new to this and I know some of my questions will be elementary to you guys. About 5 of my co workers are purchasing Dingoos and I guess I am the guinea pig to figure them out.
Even if it were to brick during installation you can just use the unbricker tool. It shouldn't be a problem if it's interrupted while booting.

Consequence_9 said:
slvryaris said:
Consequence_9 said:

Even if it were to brick during installation you can just use the unbricker tool. It shouldn't be a problem if it's interrupted while booting.

Another question I had is if Dingux is booted this gives you the freedom of loading different themes and also correcting some of the native OS problems like with the choppy play of SNES games and also gives you some more emulators? Also is there a link where you can update the Native OS or is it just you get what you get when you receive your Dingoo or is there a site to do official upgrades to the installed OS? Thanks again.

Back