Flash & Browsers Question

Somewhere over the rainbow til terminal velocity k
So, I'm trying to figure this out, but so far it's beyond me(no surprise there), but the only browser flash seems to work(if you can call it that) for me on is Firefox. I've tried a couple, including one that specifically says it can do it.

What must/can I do to appease Shub-Niggurath & get this to work on something that's not the resource-vampire(Firefox)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if you are talking about flash-video or not, but I got video playback really good working in firefox with "FlashVideoReplacer" add-on... and in its preferences selecting custom player (user/bin/mplayer)

Works great, and fullscreen.

The best way I've found to use flash on Pandora is via Android. Things like BBC iPlayer work pretty well.

Hmmm... Firefox now refuses to start up. It's giving me a "Firefox is already running, but is not responding..." error. I redownloaded the bloody thing & restarted and it's still doing that.

So, Firefox may not even be an option at all now. Considering it was the only browser at all that I could find that could do flash anything, this isn't looking too good for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it's the only one with the flash plugin.

The Firefox flash plugin can also be used in Midori and Chromium, but you have to manually copy the file to the correct directory and I can't remember what that is off the top of my head. If you start them and then browse to the /mnt/utmp/... directory you should be able to figure it out.

So, apparently, I couldn't get "FlashVideoReplacer" add-on for Firefox to work, but I did find the Flashplugin & shove it in Midori. Now I can watch lowest quality youtube videos & see the entire video(sadly, still can't fullscreen). WOOT! I mean, thank you everyone for getting me this far.

Sadly, in the research I managed to do, I've learned that Blip videos don't work(confirmed it myself). The real tragedy is that Pandora internet radio doesn't want to work with it.

Back