Caanoo / WIZ Flash Development For Wiz

Jatz

Still Fresh
Hi there,
I am interested in purchasing a wiz but first i wanted to ask a few questions about the development for the wiz.
1. Is it possible to port a game made with Game Maker 7.0 Pro onto the wiz?
2. If not is it possible to you a flash making program to make wiz games? Is it hard and which programs do you recommend?

Thanks

Unless the Game Maker Pro guys make a port, it's highly unlikely (unless someone reverse engineers it and makes an interpreter or something along those lines).

As for flash, a few things to note: needs to be Flash 8 or older I think and you'll have to use special types of audio as not all flash audio stuff seems to be supported... One other thing to mention is that it can be a little slow, unless they've fixed it up now.

Cool thanks.
Are there any programs you could recommend?
Ive never tried to program with flash.

Hooka said:
As for flash, a few things to note: needs to be Flash 8 or older I think and you'll have to use special types of audio as not all flash audio stuff seems to be supported... One other thing to mention is that it can be a little slow, unless they've fixed it up now.

Correct. Only Ogg Audio works at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!
I should be ordering a wiz in a month or 2 :D
Ill try find some good tuts for me so i can learn some basic flash.

Jatz said:
Ill try find some good tuts for me so i can learn some basic flash.
Just don´t be disappointed as you can´t expect your work to run on the wiz, cause the integrated flash player unfortunately is a peace of crap imho. It runs slow as hell, and some important capabilities are not supported at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back