Flash Games

Miknal

I am currently addicted to a flash game called N, any chance flash games will run on the gp2x?

Slim chance. I think there are some open source Flash players but afaik they are bad at the moment. I really hope there'll be some progress on this front but even if, the GP2X is pretty slow for Flash.

Miknal posted on Oct 16 2005 at 05:01 PM said:
I am currently addicted to a flash game called N, any chance flash games will run on the gp2x?

Not likely, but miracles have been known to happen.

In all seriousness, the only hope for Flash on GP2X is a working port of gplflash. I haven't had any luck with gplflash on the platforms it IS supported on, though, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Macromedia are real cocksuckers about porting it to other platforms, and they won't at least let people see the specs so other people can write working players for those platforms. Hell, even the official Linux version is fairly crappy.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOVE THAT GAME!!!! its so cool, i hope that we may have flash on the 2x, it runs on my POS compaq (500mhz) pretty well so heres to hoping

My POS HP can do it (233mhz P1) :lol:

But thats not the problem. The problem is that Shockwave ain't gonna give you the source without signing a non-disclosure agreement, and that just clashes with the whole "entirely open console" kind of mentality (not to mention the GPL'ed librarys you WILL need to use). And that's the reason why you don't see it on the GP32.

Blah posted on Oct 17 2005 at 03:00 AM said:
My POS HP can do it (233mhz P1) :lol:

But thats not the problem. The problem is that Shockwave ain't gonna give you the source without signing a non-disclosure agreement, and that just clashes with the whole "entirely open console" kind of mentality (not to mention the GPL'ed librarys you WILL need to use). And that's the reason why you don't see it on the GP32.
It has nothing to do with open source (the gp2x isn't an 'entirely open console', it just happens to use linux, and anyway most libraries are LGPL which you can happily use in a closed source product such as flash). It has everything to do with Macromedia charging a licence fee for every device shipped with flash player. Microsoft can afford to licence flash, GPH can't. Simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back