Flashback: The Quest For Identity

martymcfly

Hi guys, i have had a gp2x for afew weeks and i'm finding it fantastic. I recently discovered the game flashback and have been playing it on my g2x, its great. I was just wonderin,g i have been playing the megadrive version, but found that there is a snes version as well.
Which is better? Or are they both the same? I hope i find more gems like this in the coming weeks. Feedback would be gratefully accepted!

I don't think there's a huge difference, though the SNES one probably has slightly better graphics.

There's a native GP2X port of the game, though. You can get it here, but you'll need to find the original DOS game files on your favourite abandonware site.

Cheers, think i'll stick with picodrive one because it looks the same aa the DOS one. That is unless anybody has any huge reason why snes is better?

(Thanks for the reply Ravnos)

SNES has better animation and color, althought is hard to notice it.
Anyway is like the same game, minimun differences.
Reminiscence is like PC but it behaves strangely.

I´m sorry for bringing some light to this old thread right now but you guys should consider the gp2x port since it features the best graphics and smoothest animations (from pc version), best music (from amiga version) and cutscenes. Moreover I added a more intuitive control and got rid off that evil inventory menu which was stopping the original game to be easier to play. Btw, you don´t need the original files to play with this port ;-)

rlyeh said:
I´m sorry for bringing some light to this old thread right now but you guys should consider the gp2x port since it features the best graphics and smoothest animations (from pc version), best music (from amiga version) and cutscenes. Moreover I added a more intuitive control and got rid off that evil inventory menu which was stopping the original game to be easier to play. Btw, you don´t need the original files to play with this port ;-)
Got a link where we can get this updated version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Flashback was one of my favorite SNES games back in the day...so simple yet so fun...

Btw, you don´t need the original files to play with this port ;-)

Is that legal? I am sure the artwork, sound, name, and the actual content are still copyrighted. I would love to play a non emulated version of Flashback, but unless the original authors have given you rights, then I doubt its legal. Most remake or interpreters (See SCUMM, Exult, etc...) require the original files to avoid this.

Back