Flickering Screen Issue

fomit

Website
www.flickr.com
Okay. I want to be sure before I jump to conclusions.

Codeninja: Did GPH say that every one of the first 500 in Korea will suffer from screen flickering problems?

I had never noticed a screen flickering problem. Since the latest firmware update I have noticed something. The screens seem to "jump" a little. If I am playing an MP3 and I focus on certain parts of the screen I can see lines moving (especially in the lighter parts of the MP3 player screen. Is this similar to what other people are experiencing? I will do more testing with some games in a minute, but I would like to hear others experiences with the screen flickering issue, especially anyone else that has one of the first 500 in Korea.

Thanks,

Tim

Edit GP2X -> GPH

Codeninja: Did GPH say that every one of the first 500 in Korea will suffer from screen flickering problems?

Wow, question for me? :) I don't think they mentioned that. And, I don't think that is true, either. My unit, which I'm happy with so far, if I look closely, I can tell the screen flickers a bit, not enough to bother me. Then, I looked at my DS screen, and surprised to find out it's got a little flickering going AND a vertical white line on the left corner!

Anyway, since you're in Korea, getting a recall starting Dec 4th shouldn't be a issue. Since they have mentioned that they figured out the source of the problem, I think you're problem will be taken cared of.

I wish the best luck with your Gp2X. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What I really want to hear is what someone experiencing the screen problems is experiencing. Is it really really bad? Or is it something really minor like what I am experiencing? I don't want to have to send mine back if I don't have to. It is one of the first 500 (328 to be exact) and I am really enjoying using it to watch movies and so on.

However, If GPH is recommending that everyone of the first 500 send them back then I will.

I just read through GPH website with no definite answer for it. Since they said that they'll announce the details about the recall on Dec 4th, maybe we'll have more idea of how many units are going to be recalled.

I just read through GPH website with no definite answer for it. Since they said that they'll announce the details about the recall on Dec 4th, maybe we'll have more idea of how many units are going to be recalled.

Thanks Codeninja!

Anyone else? What are you experiencing with regards to flickering? Anything that could possibly induce a headache? Or is it really not that big of an issue? I read something about someone experiencing really noticeable flickering in the MP3 player. What exactly happened?

Maybe we'll see another firmware update before the 4th that will fix even more issues, though I'm doubting that at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
My unit arrived yesterday so it may not be one of the very earliest units.

But....

I do agree that there is flickering but more annoyingly there is interlace graphics. When the ball moves in krackout in frodo it looks like this

Code:
VVV 
  VVVVV
VVVVV
  VVV
rather than this

Code:
  VVV
VVVVV
VVVVV
  VVV

So there is some type of problem with the graphics.... Whether or not it is firmware related I dont know.... but sure, the units have some kind of problem.

I notice it less in neogeo than I do in frodo.

I have the bright/dark changes and the wavy diagonal noise lines (/////). I guess this ones is going back..

The little wavy lines I see on mine aren't very intrusive. its just like watching a tv screen when someone turns on a fan or something.

If that is the big deal then complaints over it are ridiculous, That interlace deal people seem to be experiencing after the 1.01 update sounds a hell of a lot worse though.

Back