Flu, Blu, Blu+

I have had all three in the past and I think the BLU/BLU+ screens are far easier on the eye than the flu. I wouldn't buy a NLU.

I think the only difference between the BLU/BLU+ was a different screen (samsung in the + if I remember correctly, but I could be wrong)

I think the only problem I had was the Atari Lynx emulator didn't display correctly on the BLU (bottom of screen cut off). Also, I think DrMd had an option to change to the samsung screen.

So, if I was buying one now, I would buy a BLU+, but theres not much in it really.

Its upto you if you buy it new or second hand, second hand you can get some good deals. :)

I miss my gp32 - bring on spot :)

A good way to compare a FLU and a BLU is to compare a Gameboy Advance SP to a Nintendo DS. A backlight is certainly brighter, but a frontlight also serves its purpose. I own a FLU and found that it was not very reliable (I probably just got a bad batch though), and also drained batteries relatively quickly. I'm not sure if the BLU is any better. I do remember many people having graphical glitches with the BLU+ unit, so make sure the programs you want to use are compatible before buying one.
Anyway, I got a lot of enjoyment out my GP32, and I'm sure you will too. The only thing is that most of the GP32 community has switched over to the GP2X by now. If you can get a really good price, then I'd say go for it :D

Back