Fmsx - Doesnt Seem To Load Anything?

MegatronUK

Website
www.target-earth.net
After grabbing a load of old msx1/msx2/msx-R games, I thought I'd give them a try on the GP.

fmsx starts up and eventually (my fault, i've got loads of them) gives a directory listing of the files (individually zipped). However, when I select any, it just seems to sit there forever.. I thought it may be uncompressing the zip, so I left it for a while, but even after a few minutes it just stays locked - you can't scroll the list any more.

Any ideas?

BTW, anyone know of any english language PC98xx and X68000 emulators for MS Windblows 2000?

maybe they are "schreibgeschützt" (have no clue whats that in english, im german :( ), uncheck that! (a translator needed)
had the same problem with fgb32 and after that it worked :p

I left them zipped as the fmsx readme says that it supports zipped images.

Most of them are .dsk floppy images (though some are cartridge images) and so expand to 720kb, whether they need to or not... I'll get rid of the ones on there tonight and try a couple of them uncompressed to see if that makes a difference.

They do seem to work on the PC though!

Read only? Could well be if they were ever on a CD collection at some point.

Right click the file in windows explorer and check the properties. Uncheck read only if it's ticked. You may need to unzip the files uncheck them and then rezip.

Back