'unable To Load Font #1!' Error

Landolphia

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
after half an hour spend looking everywhere, I only found one forum where someone had the same problem, and it was on a pocketpcthingy
anyway, I put all the files in the right places, bor.fxe in gpmm, bor.pa in gpmm/bordata

it won't go any further than

Screen allocation...
Loading font...
Caching directory table...
All entries read.
Unable To Load Font #1!

and that's it

megaman works fine, thought it came as a .fpk, so there wasn't anything I could break:)

anyway, I didn't see this problem mentionned on the forum, I hope I'm not just to stupid to find the thread...

thanks in advance for the answers...

edit: btw, using the last version, and last european firmware, on a BLU

are you using the latest version of gp bor? (6.x)

you can grab it at the end of the "bor beta 1" thred in the betatesting forums

Vimacs posted on Jul 31 2004 at 02:54 PM said:
are you using the latest version of gp bor? (6.x)

you can grab it at the end of the "bor beta 1" thred in the betatesting forums
I'm using the last version but thanks anyway...
it's weird because it works with a lot of other .pak, like kill ryu, it's just the original bor that won't work...
I'll figure something out or I'll end up playing on dreamcast

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

I've tested the latest version with my copy of the original BOR (unmodified) and it works with no issues. It's one of the mods I use to check the release before releasing it.

The only thing I can think that's giving you the problem is that the pak file could be corrupted or have been modified in some way? Sorry taht this isn't much help. What firmware are you using? I test against the European beta FW.

Regards

make a paklist in notepad and put it in GPMM/BORDATA/ that says
Code:
speed=1750
bor.pak=castlevania symphony of destruction
, the notepad file should be called paklist.txt

I finally got it to work after downloading the file from 4/5 different place, I have no idea why it didn't work until...the fifth tome, I find it hard ot believe that all the other server had corrupted versions but...it works now so...thanks anyway...
I feel a bit sutpid, but it's still a bit odd
and I had packlist.txt, it wouldn't even work otherwise :p

Back