force quit

andrewroth

Still Fresh
Hi,

Sometimes I get stuck in an app and can't figure out how to quit (like GPFCE).

Is there a force quit button?

thanks

If you use the Xfce desktop environment, holding down the Pandora button should bring up an app-killing box after a few seconds.

(If this fails, it's possible to reset the machine by holding the Pandora button and moving the power switch as if you were powering the machine on, too, but obviously this is an extreme measure.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.. I am using the X environment. gpfce worked twice but now it's giving a black screen that only a hard reboot gets out of :(

Ah, it seems to run more stable when I don't overclock it to 600. Then the pandora button thing does work.

For me the pandora button still doesnt pull up the kill menu or get me back to xfce

However it works for a hard reset pandora button + powerswitch to the right

Overclock it *to* 600? The Pandora should run fine at higher speeds and should definitely run perfectly at the stock speed of 600MHz.
No, it should run perfectly stable at the stock speed of 500Mhz. Everything over 500 is overclocking, with no guarantee that it will work 100%, period. The fact that many people have managed to exceed 800 at stock voltage does not mean you can expect all of them too. If you can overclock then you should consider yourself fortunate, not the other way around.

It's possible Andrew might be able to overclock stably to higher clock rates for most other things, but gpfce is doing something that just can't keep up, and would cause problems for others who are overclocked as well. That is what happens when you overclock even the slightest: it might work, and work well for almost everything, but it is not guaranteed to be 100% compatible.

It's rated for a max of 600Mhz at voltage level OPP5, which is theoretically highest. Stock voltage level is OPP3 though which is only rated for 500Mhz. With hotfix 4, it's easy to change the voltage level so you can hit the 600Mhz rating. Of course, a lot of people are getting between 900Mhz and 1Ghz at OPP5 now; I'd be very surprised if Andrew really was stuck at 600Mhz. More likely it's something gpfce is doing.

Back