Formats Supported Out Of The Box?

starpause

Website
mp3death.us
i know it's been said by GPH, we will be able to watch videos on the gp2x without re-encoding, and the following were listed as supported formats:

Video Codec support: MPEG 1, 2, 3, 4, DivX 3.11, 4.x, 5.x and higher, XviD, WMV (7, 8, 9 Series by 'After Support')

however, is there any word on what container formats will work? avi? ogm?

i know--we'll all know exactly what it plays back "sometime in november" ... but i want to have a SD ready with something to WOW some buddies with when the thing arives at my work address :rolleyes: :lol:

edit: sorry everyone, i just re-read the faq ... avi, mpeg, no mention ogm ...

i gues it will support all containers that are supported by a standart mplayer, avi and mpeg is a sure thing, ogm should also work.

I'm sure I've seen an ogm running on a video.
I've encoded about 2gb worth of video into Divx 5.x so it best work

Nuron_V posted on Oct 26 2005 at 01:39 PM said:

Whats a nice user friendly application I should get for converting movies. I just want to resize some divX /Xvid movies to 320x240 with audio to keep the size down so it doesnt need to do anything fancy.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember if your using DiVX do a minimum of a 4-pass encode, if your using XViD use 2-pass.

You final file might take a bit longer to enocde but the quality will be loads better

Ninjia^ posted on Oct 26 2005 at 01:02 PM said:
Nuron_V posted on Oct 26 2005 at 01:39 PM said:

Whats a nice user friendly application I should get for converting movies. I just want to resize some divX /Xvid movies to 320x240 with audio to keep the size down so it doesnt need to do anything fancy.

Thanks
virtualdub

Last edited by a moderator:
Back