FOSDEM report?

The case has been started as with the original OP case with shrinkage and marking problems, and with each revision sent is being morphed into a newer and more premium looking design. No ETA on design as multiple things are working in parallel. However it's being involved before the pcb is finished.

lTj7QOH.jpg

The OS will be debian likely:

riukY8W.jpg

The nubs are now i2c devices, not controlled via atmal anymore

PND's will make a comeback

AjvtxsX.jpg

The Team:

EvilDragon of course

Dr Nikolaus Schaller - Hardware Designer designed the neo900. MWeston is busy with a full time job

Notaz - Helping with Drivers and software

M Fatih KILIC - Sourcing parts

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds very good so far, it covers basicly every concern I had about Pandora and the changes that has to be made to improve the design for an successor. :) Case from Greece? So ED even does something to help the troubled greek business/industry a little bit, not bad. ^^

I only worry about the High Res LCD, remember as more res an screen has, as more Pixels need to be calculated which can cause tons of more CPU/GPU load, especialy with 3D Games. Lower res and upscaling may be possible but such an screen works best with it's native resolution. Even the desktop would have tiny icons/text if you just use the OS 1:1 from PC without huge Icons and adjusted OS elements  designed for mobile usage. I'm not familiar with Debian but I guess it was mainly developed as Desktop OS.

But I'm sure ED will find a solution for this as well. :)

zoYKQjh.jpg

Ab8Cvjs.jpg

And thats a wrap! Well done :) Good on you ED, Handled it well and it looked like you had it nailed with the audience too, I think they were mostly too quiet because of oohin and aahin, although it was great there was someone with a pandora there too.

http://pyra-handheld.com is "now live"

:ph34r: Ninja'd by super roach... http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15521-welcome-new-and-old-members/page-2

Anyway.. I'm a bit troubled by the fact that there is no power on switch anymore (The new power-on button is now on the center top of the keyboard). Which means that there is no lock, which means my Rockbox will skid because the L and R keys are being pressed. Hopefully that can be patched inside Rockbox, pressing L2 and R2 at the same time for locking and unlocking.

I was using that to quick sleep the pandora when someone was at my desk asking me something.

Nice. Looking forward to how much the N64, PSP, DC, and Saturn emulation is going to improve. :D

-God Ginrai

Back