Found this on youtube :D

Any spanish speakers here? I guess it doesn't add much that we don't already know, but it might be a good round up and might be interesting to see how he compares the GPD Win to the Pyra and Pandora.

The mistakes in the captioning are quite entertaining. I guess it isn't very good when it comes across the mix of spanish, and english product names.

Ah... Spanish... Latin American... hm... Venezuelan/Colombian...may be Mexican not sure...

excepts:

GPD Lower entry market (cheap). It features a keyboard. But I started thinking, where did I see this design before.... Well, six years ago *(shows Pandora).
Praises Pandora, then tells that the users had to wait more than a year for the apparatus, and then, the performance was not the promised one, which it finally did in the next revisions.
Why this long introduction, well, this all leads to the successor, Dragonbox Pyra.
Not a handheld, but a micro laptop. yada yada, all roads lead to Debian...

Emulacion PS2 Dreamcast
better suited than Android, which has still 2 years to get to a good emulation of those systems.
But in Linux, just set the drivers, and then you have a PS2 portable.
And including Steam.
Interestering, however, *Mexican slang*, it is not yet for sale.
There is a preorder page. But I think the prices are all wrong, because the 3G is priced the same as the other, but for all it has, it is a good price.
Then you can get a prototype, for a really exagerated price of 1500 dollars, and that is not a good idea, unless you are a fan.
There are videos. of demo's of this console, and it looks very well. I expect it not to take much time to market, because GPD is there already.
And if you ask a gamer what the best platform is for games... it's obvious: Windows.
For the many games that Linux has, it is still not at the level of Windows.
For emulators, probably not. Because they exist and already work well.
As for Steam; both machines will be able to run some steam games. Like counterstrike and Minecraft.
I think Pyra has to double their efforts. Because once the Chinese start to churn out their concept (microlaptop), they will eat their market.
Although the public is small, and there are more options, and looking at price, well, the choice is obvious.
That is the only downside I see.
Demo's of the Pyra are nice. And the forum. But I think it is time to release. I know it is not easy. We can not ask it by tomorrow, I know it
is a small company, not like GPD that makes tablets and what not. And have factories, or access to them to mass produce these devices.
I think Pyra should double their efforts THIS year. And if they want to be succesful, it needs to be this year.
GPD will not be the only one releasing this format, because people are asking for it, so it is released.
Gamers want more than simple Android games. There are hardcore gamers, and Android is not for them.
You can not compare, say, Metal Gear Rising, with the game catalogue on Steam.

Praises Pyra. And for 315 dollar, I'm in.

Last edited:
I have thought that ED could speed things up a bit if possible, as long as he does not have to compromise on quality. He should at least have the pre-orders opening soon and that should be interesting; also a firm release date and some marketing.

I thought it was pretty clear that the Pyra will cost more than the downpayment for preordering. It seems the person that made the video wasn't aware of that, so maybe ED should change the name in the shop for those that don't read or understand the information in the description on the actual page of the product.

I nodded off when he kept on talking, but he had his points.

I think the community handheld gamelaptop is a novel idea. Its a lot of things, all of which have or do exist.
If the phone-part of it makes it as capable as a GTA04 i think it is unprecedented as a device-type.

Nothing relevant (at least, for the people that visit this boards :p).

Nothing relevant (at least, for the people that visit this boards :p).
Yeah, but the extra eyes on it are better. I just wish he had stated that the preorder cost is only the downpayment, and the rest is required when the units are ready. I don't want people thinking it is a bait and switch kind of thing because they didn't read the description.

I know that it would mean a few people (at least) that are interested in the Pyra will skip it due to the price difference between the 2 devices, but it is pretty important that someone inform the viewers of that video that the price listed is only partial. If it hasn't been done already, somebody should make sure to post a comment.

This guy is not Venezuelan or Colombian. Since he first opened his mouth I was sure he is Mexican.

He says that for this kind of devices he prefers Windows rather than Linux. To each its own, but for a small device like this I couldn't disagree more.

There is nothing interesting in this video, he tries to give some insightful comments but fails miserably.

Back