Framerate Dips In Games

Shadow of Chaos

Website
Visit site
i have a 6800gt, a 2ghz amd cpu, 2gb of ram. I noticed lately playing hl2 dm that i am watching sometimes and my framerate drops down as low as 30-40! ive also noticed slight jerkiness after going smoothly.. cant say ive noticed this before, but do i have a problem here or am i looking at the framerate too much? anyone with a simular setup compare?, ive done a recent format so its not adware or a virus.. im just sure my games used to be alot smoother running than this.. how can i check if its working ok?

i get 121 fps in the cs source vid test if others can compare plz lol

fwiw I had a similar system (1gb ram 6800gt 2.5ghz) and I got a similar cs source score but no slowdown at all at max settings.

well i have a dual core opteron 170 which is comparable to the 4400 x2. All i know is im sure my games used to stay smooth and not dip so much in frame rate. Ive formatted so dont think i need to defrag yet. I do have 2 spare single core cpus i could try, but i dunno how thats going to help.

Btw, i just did a 3dm 06 test, it seems to be in line with simular systems other ppl have i got 2334 marks.

Hl2 & CS source both have everything set to high, like textures and stuff.. the ones starred like * that are recommended for my system, is it why it is dipping below 60fps every so often? if so maybe i need to knock them down a bit?

Also It should be mentioned that dual cores wont be used effectively to their potential unless the prgoram is programmed to use multi threading.

GP2x = GP32 posted on May 1 2006 at 10:51 PM said:
Also It should be mentioned that dual cores wont be used effectively to their potential unless the prgoram is programmed to use multi threading.

I already know that, but i can overclock this processor to 2.6ghz which is equal to a FX60.. though i dont choose to keep it that way because of increased heat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back