Freezing In Drpocketsnes 7.2

Skogz

Still Fresh
Hi, i brought this up awhile ago and decided to wait for a new pocketsnes to come out to see if it fixed my issue. It didnt'.

My issue is that when running drpocketsnes (I'll admit i only really play ff6 and chrono trigger atm) the whole unit will freeze after about an hour and 20 minutes. It's like clockwork.

I am running 1.6.

Before it was suggested that maybe it was overclocked too far. Well, I have tried this everywhere from 650 down to 400 and still it crashes.

Any other thoughts?

Kinda sounds like a heat problem to me.

Do you know whether it only happens with Drpoecketsnes, or is that the only emulator you use for extended periods of time?

Skogz said:
Hi, i brought this up awhile ago and decided to wait for a new pocketsnes to come out to see if it fixed my issue. It didnt'.

My issue is that when running drpocketsnes (I'll admit i only really play ff6 and chrono trigger atm) the whole unit will freeze after about an hour and 20 minutes. It's like clockwork.

I am running 1.6.

Before it was suggested that maybe it was overclocked too far. Well, I have tried this everywhere from 650 down to 400 and still it crashes.

Any other thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
So far it is just Pocketsnes. I can run gpsp till the battery dies.

I´ve read somewhere else, that chrono trigger crashes at a certain point, not a certain time. Can you restart at your last savepoint and then play another 80 minutes?
Did you try SNES9X4C?

Its probably a bug in the auto frameskip code, I can't remember adding code to deal with when the ticks values wraps around from 0xFFFFFFFF to 0x0. I always thought it would break in some horrible way but since I never play the emulator for that long its never been a problem for me. Its probably really easy to fix but I can't be asked as I do not use my Caanoo anymore.

Reesy said:
Its probably a bug in the auto frameskip code, I can't remember adding code to deal with when the ticks values wraps around from 0xFFFFFFFF to 0x0. I always thought it would break in some horrible way but since I never play the emulator for that long its never been a problem for me. Its probably really easy to fix but I can't be asked as I do not use my Caanoo anymore.
Does playing with "FrameSkip 0" theoretically makes the crash go away?

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I was talking rubbish in my previous post, I checked the source code and the bug I had remembered about is actually with the FPS code. When the ticks value wraps around the FPS will stop updating, it shouldn't cause the emulator to crash though and going back in and out of the menu will get it going again which is why I never bothered fixing it.

So ignore me...I have no idea why Pocketsnes is hanging now :)

Its probably really easy to fix but I can't be asked as I do not use my Caanoo anymore.

May I ask you why you arent your Caanoo anymore? I'm currently thinking about buying one but I'm not sure right now...

Back