Funniest gaming moments?

Quake, the first one, played a few years ago with my little brother and one of my best friends. Since I'm the best of the two, they are teamed against me. The map is DM6, in the room above the teleporter. Both my brother and my friend just each got the rocket launcher, with almost full backpacks of rockets, red armour and full health as last was killed and spawn in one of the side rooms, wielding only my shotgun and a mind full of adrenaline.

They come to me from each ramp, and I know that if I try to flee down the hole, they'll get me before I have a chance. I start strafing and firing my rifle at them, concentrating on one of them, while trying to get close to hamper any attempts of firing their rocket launchers (bad idea in retrospect since the friendly fire option was turned off). My life is slowly draining, and I'm absolutely bursting with adrenaline, everything moves so fast and yet I am able to stay on top of things. I run out of shotgun shells! All I am left with is my axe, and still both are alive. My life is far down and I am almost about to give up when a final axeblow puts my little brother down, I grab his backpack and the rocket-launcher appears in my hands! One well aimed shot, then another, and my friend is down as well.

I laughed quite deliriously after that. Most fun I've had in Quake, and probably most fun I've had in a game, ever =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Set up a number of nintendo and sega systems in the guys dressing room in my high school theatre department. After a long rehearsal we stayed late into the night playing. In addition to Super mario side by side races to see who could beat the game first we played a lot of Zelda. At around 3 in the morning we had all gotten into our own games and my buddy who was playing Zelda all of a sudden goes "I caught a fairy, I caught a fairy, I caught a fairy hey hey hey hey." There was a moment of silence then all the guys looked at each other and burst out laughing.

Besides playing lots of San Fransisco rush trying to fly cars around, that is all I got that I can remember as of now.

Someone was playing Zelda Twilight Princess on my gamecube, and he was doing some sniping with the hawkeye attached to the bow. The only problem was that he was on ground level, and he moved the point of view slightly to the side, and there was this bokoblin that filled the screen and scared him near to death.

Back