Further Information About The Pxml Format Needed

If most browsers will just download the unknown type, it might be good.
I think that the W3C standard behavior is that anything in the text domain (text/*) and optionally in the image/audio/video/fonts domains should be displayed by the browser, and everything in application should be opened by specialized applications (hence the name). Don't quote me on that, though.
(we could use .zip too, it works. Appending pxml to a zip is just like a comment to a zip, no problem.)

Heh, it struck me as odd that you didn't make this the default format to begin with; good to hear that you at least leave the option open.
So x-pandora-pnd if we can get away with it, but if its trouble a pure binatry stream is the way to go imho.
I've tested x-pandora-pnd in Firefox, Konqueror, Arora, Epiphany, elinks, lynx:)P) and KGet, and there hasn't been any problems so far... I also tried making a file association connected to a bash script in Konqueror that moved the PND automatically for me to a predefined destination; worked beautifully :p So, OK, for now it's going to be x-pandora-pnd that I hardcode into my code :p, thanks for the information.

Last edited by a moderator:
We started with zip first but split off towards iso; I forget the reason now, but it was probably either performance or reliability with the FS code we're using. We did some performance testing (mountings-per-second, writebacks speed, read speed, etc), as well as developer conveniance and so on. But I forget why we switched now, specifically :)

jeff

Back