Future DraStic Android port: help needed

Trevo92, there was post earlier in this thread with video showing drastic on Xperia play, that's pretty similar device to S1

Really, this emulator could be released in it's current form and then when the bugs are fixed it could be updated. From what I've seen of this emulator, I would pay $8 for it in it's current state, even with the bugs. It would kind of be like the dolphin emulator for android; it is released already, even though it is in pre-alpha.

SeannyM, it could but than you might have bad reviews from general consumers forcing developers to rush and releases updates. Especially considering it's price (dolphin,nds4droid,ppsspp are free) there will be always some idiots. But I'm personally think no matter what DraStic will have success, as there is no alternative and probably won't be any, I've seen a demo it looks so polished

SeannyM, it could but than you might have bad reviews from general consumers forcing developers to rush and releases updates. Especially considering it's price (dolphin,nds4droid,ppsspp are free) there will be always some idiots. But I'm personally think no matter what DraStic will have success, as there is no alternative and probably won't be any, I've seen a demo it looks so polished
Yes, but if it says beta in the title, people will know that there will be bugs. I agree that it will have success no matter what, I will definately be buying and leaving 5 stars!

It wouldn't get terrible reviews anyways for the most part, if you look through the comments on nds4droid, everyone mainly wants speed, which DraStic has.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really, this emulator could be released in it's current form and then when the bugs are fixed it could be updated. From what I've seen of this emulator, I would pay $8 for it in it's current state, even with the bugs. It would kind of be like the dolphin emulator for android; it is released already, even though it is in pre-alpha.
Agree SeannyM :3

The emulator from what I see in the videos is pretty much done, I would pay for it in its current state.

Releasing the emulator would be even easier for you, so users report bugs and updates as the bugs would be fixed

Sorry English is not my native language :mellow:

Can we stick to the topic please?

Also.. Please read the first post if you're new here. I wouldn't get your hopes up either :p

everybody is so excited about this emu ^^, because its what we always wanted from nds4droid and others, thats why we want as fast as possible:D and also enjoy my vacations playing this baby

Exophase, Lordus guys could you tell what things needs to be done before DraStick gets released? Is there is sort of "to do" list?

Maybe it's time for an early adaptor sale for about $99.99 a week ;)

There's a pretty serious ants/pants epidemic going on here ;p

There are still a few other fixes and features and stuff needed for the first release, some of it not really obvious. And I need to like, make Google developer and merchant accounts and stuff. I thought about establishing an llc for this but that seems kind of overblown, maybe I can transfer to something like that later...

Maybe it's time for an early adaptor sale for about $99.99 a week ;)There's a pretty serious ants/pants epidemic going on here ;p
why not offer a free 5 min. limited version with an option to buy the full version and savestate slots (.10$ each) in the app. thats how you do it nowadays.

Maybe it's time for an early adaptor sale for about $99.99 a week ;)There's a pretty serious ants/pants epidemic going on here ;p
why not offer a free 5 min. limited version with an option to buy the full version and savestate slots (.10$ each) in the app. thats how you do it nowadays.
This could be a great idea, so everyone can test the compatibility then decide if buy it or not.

In this way there's not the risk of receiving bad reviews on the store.

Thanks Exophase!  You and others have made the Open Pandora a special device of all time!  Can't wait for Pandora 2 so you can make Dreamcast and Sega Saturn emulators.  I'll pay $100 for each on the Pandora 2  :D

There's a pretty serious ants/pants epidemic going on here ;p

There are still a few other fixes and features and stuff needed for the first release, some of it not really obvious. And I need to like, make Google developer and merchant accounts and stuff. I thought about establishing an llc for this but that seems kind of overblown, maybe I can transfer to something like that later...
I know I have ants in my pants waiting for this emulator! I've only managed to get by all the waiting by playing on N64oid; which I've almost completed all my games on. I don't know what I'll do after that, please release this soon :) :p :D

Not that they actually have any legal grounds for doing so, but do you have a lawyer on hand for when they send the cease and desist letter?

Not that they actually have any legal grounds for doing so, but do you have a lawyer on hand for when they send the cease and desist letter?
No, but why do you think they're going to? Not that many commercial emulators on Android got C&Ds..

It probably doesn't matter though, if they pressure Google they'll probably snub it like they always do.

No, but why do you think they're going to?
Just paranoia. Even though the 3DS is the current gen they're still selling DSs and games for it so they have more incentive to try and block it vs SNES or GBC emulators. I just worry about a lot of things I probably shouldn't lately.

Back