Future DraStic Android port: help needed

Been using for about an hour, only complaint is pokemon black 2 crashes when starting game. And it uses dsv saves? I guess I converted my nds4droid saves before hand for nothing :) I'm so pumped to use this and for futur updates! Goodbye nds4droid! :D :D :D
It starts fine here, i can get to the first fight, or is your crash later?

Try putting them in your download directory.  It works fine on my rooted Galaxy S4 (Snapdragon).

(also, is yours a rooted TW GS4 or running a custom AOSP ROM like CyanogenMod?)
I tried. It's on the Legacy and 0 Download directories. I even tried adding the files via USB on PC into the Download directory.

I do not have a custom ROM installed, just the root.

It will not install on my rooted Galaxy S4. Permissions are set to read and write on each CORRECTLY NAMED file, DraStic still will not install the BIOS files placed in my SDCARD or sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/system/
Did the folder sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/ already exist when you placed them there, or did you have to create it? What error message do you get when trying to install?
Yes that already existed. I even added /system/ to the end of it and that didn't work either. The message is that the BIOS files could not be found.

The saves are named dsv but they're really just raw files, not desmume format.

I tried. It's on the Legacy and 0 Download directories. I even tried adding the files via USB on PC into the Download directory.

What are the file sizes of your biosnds7.rom biosnds9.rom firmware.bin files?

Mine are 16384, 4096, 262144 bytes with CRC's of 1280F0D5, 2AB23573, 945F9DC9 respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been using for about an hour, only complaint is pokemon black 2 crashes when starting game. And it uses dsv saves? I guess I converted my nds4droid saves before hand for nothing :) I'm so pumped to use this and for futur updates! Goodbye nds4droid! :D :D :D
It starts fine here, i can get to the first fight, or is your crash later?
Mine crashes when I try to get to the overworld after loading a save or starting a new game. I play Pokemon Diamond more, though, more nostalgic :)

The saves are named dsv but they're really just raw files, not desmume format.
Really? Because all my DeSmuME save files worked perfectly with it.

What are the file sizes of your biosnds7.rom biosnds9.rom firmware.bin files?

Mine are 16384, 4096, 262144 bytes with CRC's of 1280F0D5, 2AB23573, 945F9DC9 respectively.
Yes, the bytes are exact. I don't know how to check the CRC's though.

Try putting them in your download directory.  It works fine on my rooted Galaxy S4 (Snapdragon).

It will not install on my rooted Galaxy S4. Permissions are set to read and write on each CORRECTLY NAMED file, DraStic still will not install the BIOS files placed in my SDCARD or sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/system/
Did the folder sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/ already exist when you placed them there, or did you have to create it? What error message do you get when trying to install?
Yes that already existed. I even added /system/ to the end of it and that didn't work either. The message is that the BIOS files could not be found.
Put them on internal storage on samsung phones, the sdcard directory is internal (where drastic searches for bios) and the extSdCard directory is the actual sdcard.

That's strange.  The folder com.dsemu.drastic/files should have 6 folders (backup, config, input_record, profiles, savestates, system) as well as three files (game_database.xml, gdb.dat, usrcheat.dat).  Are you sure that wasn't a folder you created?

The Android folder com.dsemu.drastic is in should have a ton of other folders for your other apps.  Is that the case for you?

Most file managers in Android can find the CRC (you could also try MD5, I can get that too) under properties.  Or just zip it up and your zip program will calculate the CRC.

Put them on internal storage on samsung phones, the sdcard directory is internal (where drastic searches for bios) and the extSdCard directory is the actual sdcard.
I do NOT have an external SD card in my phone. Stock, 16GB internal memory.

That's strange.  The folder com.dsemu.drastic/files should have 6 folders (backup, config, input_record, profiles, savestates, system) as well as three files (game_database.xml, gdb.dat, usrcheat.dat).  Are you sure that wasn't a folder you created?

The Android folder com.dsemu.drastic is in should have a ton of other folders for your other apps.  Is that the case for you?

Most file managers in Android can find the CRC (you could also try MD5, I can get that too) under properties.  Or just zip it up and your zip program will calculate the CRC.
Only those 3 files were present. No other folders were included.

I would consider removing the com.dsemu.drastic folder, uninstalling and then reinstalling DraStic.

Did you remove the folder first?  Get rid of the entire folder including the firmware files (get rid of them on your phone altogether).

Install DraStic and just click cancel.  See if the folders are recreated.

Did you remove the folder first?  Get rid of the entire folder including the firmware files (get rid of them on your phone altogether).

Install DraStic and just click cancel.  See if the folders are recreated.
Yes, and yes. 

After uninstalling and reinstalling again, without opening DraStic after fresh installation, there was no folder created in Android/Data/.

Yes, and yes. 
After uninstalling and reinstalling again, without opening DraStic after fresh installation, there was no folder created in Android/Data/.
Open DraStic.  Just don't create the folder manually or have any of the bios files on your phone.  Click cancel and then check if the folders have been created.

Did you get the MD5 or CRC yet?

If those 3 files are copied there when you start, then DraStic can find and access the directory. If you then create a subfolder 'system' and place them in there with the correct name, it should find it. If not, it might not be the correct files.

Yes, and yes. 
Open DraStic.  Just don't create the folder manually or have any of the bios files on your phone.  Click cancel and then check if the folders have been created.

Did you get the MD5 or CRC yet?
MD5's:

Arm7; df692a80a5b1bc90728bc3dfc76cd948 

Arm9; a392174eb3e572fed6447e956bde4b25

Firmware; a18495d5e1d5ff958eced6d3bade5ac3

If those 3 files are copied there when you start, then DraStic can find and access the directory. If you then create a subfolder 'system' and place them in there with the correct name, it should find it. If not, it might not be the correct files.
Still nothing. Subfolder in DraStic and even tried making a /system/ folder in /files/, still didn't work.

Back