Fyi Power Supply Should Be 3.7 V For Mk2

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
It finally hit me why a 3V power supply didnt work. I read somwhere and you can see on internal pictures of the circuit board there is a protection diode. This diode create a .7 V drop from the intput voltage, so a 3.0 voltage supply now becomes 2.3V.

I have the radio shack supply so i can bump up the voltage by a switch (switched to 4V), but for anyone that is looking for a aupply take tis into consideration. I think a 4 V supply should be the specifiation now.

Interesting. It should help with higher overclock speeds.

Mine runs ok on 3v though.

Why would it help? I would think that the input voltage from the batteries or dc input would be converted to a constant voltage. Then from the constant supply voltage it would be dropped down to a voltage that the cpu needs?

Last edited by a moderator:
3.7V is the best for a MK1 too, at least as far as my testing shows. It's also the best for the batteries - at 3.7v it seems slightly more efficient.

Hmm, looks like they are using a cellphone power IC.

3.7 Volts is EXACTLY what a Li-ION battery puts out (and what most high end cellphones / laptops use too).

havent actually found many reasonably priced Lithium packs, but they have to exist as laptops and cellphones are oh so popular.

Ideally there could be a 'snap-in' Li-ION battery pack about the same shape as 2x AA's stuck together.

Some digital cameras have something like that, but they are anything but cheap.

Series-8: Uh, can you like, provide a model name or link to those expensive 2xAA replacements? I thought those existed, but haven't found any (don't know where to look or what to google for).

Batteries were just never something I found the need to research in my life until I got into the GP2X scene.

Back