Game Boy Advance

martymcfly

Hey guys, i have tried gpsp on my gp2x, and it ran minish cap fine at 199 mhz. However, i find the overall program interface etc lacking. It has also frozen for me several times in the menus. Is there a better emulator for playing minish cap in particular, or should i stay with this? I have tried finding out the different gba options open to me but it seems abit confusing and i am gettin conflicting information off different sites. Could anybody who uses gp2x for gba please help me? Thanks alot.

I don't know of any other GBA emus but maybe try clocking to 240 or something. And which version of gpsp2x are you using?

I just downloaded the one in the archives. I assume its the latest, posted april 1st. Nah, the actual game works fine speed etc, no need to overclock. Wen i try to save with the proper ingame feature, it crashes to the gp2x main enu though. Also, the menus are tempremental at best for the actual program.(Although the game itself is stable once launched.)

Yeah, stick with saving in the gpsp's menu, not in the actual game. No matter how bad the menus look...Though they seem pretty fine to me. Whats good is it seems like they are continuing working on the emulator so just wait and soon it will be even better. :D

martymcfly said:
I just downloaded the one in the archives. I assume its the latest, posted april 1st. Nah, the actual game works fine speed etc, no need to overclock. Wen i try to save with the proper ingame feature, it crashes to the gp2x main enu though. Also, the menus are tempremental at best for the actual program.(Although the game itself is stable once launched.)
Exophase beta version a or b? Or are you on a different version?

Last edited by a moderator:
The April 1st one is old, you want the one posted a couple days ago. See the thread in the general section.

martymcfly said:
Hey guys, i have tried gpsp on my gp2x, and it ran minish cap fine at 199 mhz. However, i find the overall program interface etc lacking. It has also frozen for me several times in the menus. Is there a better emulator for playing minish cap in particular, or should i stay with this? I have tried finding out the different gba options open to me but it seems abit confusing and i am gettin conflicting information off different sites. Could anybody who uses gp2x for gba please help me? Thanks alot.
go back to 1985 you're not supposed to be here!

Auritribe said:
martymcfly said:

:lol: Very good joke DOC :D

haha indeed. Hey guys, i updated and now saves r cool. however, i need help in general. It seems if i change the clock, it doesnt save it. every time i enter the program, it is back on 199mhz. Minish cap is the only game so far that works fine on 199. Golden sun for example, plays smooth, but sound stutters. Same with crash bandicoot. Same with monkey ball. I am sure if i could just figure a way to be sure it has overclocked, i could sort this! Does anybody here play golden sun no problem? I really wana get going with some games here!

martymcfly said:
haha indeed. Hey guys, i updated and now saves r cool. however, i need help in general. It seems if i change the clock, it doesnt save it. every time i enter the program, it is back on 199mhz. Minish cap is the only game so far that works fine on 199. Golden sun for example, plays smooth, but sound stutters. Same with crash bandicoot. Same with monkey ball. I am sure if i could just figure a way to be sure it has overclocked, i could sort this! Does anybody here play golden sun no problem? I really wana get going with some games here!

you can save the settings by pressing Y ( you might want as well to to modify the ram timings,

for they'll give you some extra fps 2 6 4 1 1 1 2 2) .

After pressing Y to save ram tweaks and clock speed you have to press select everytime you launch emulator.
I think that if you press star the speed is set to 199, but i can be wrong.

Rivroner said:
Auritribe said:
martymcfly said:

:lol: Very good joke DOC :D

I re-read his post a few times before I looked at the username. At that point I got the joke lol.

What clockgen is better, UPLL or FPLL? yeh select works well, although acidently hitting start sets it back to 199.

Curiously, 249 sorts out golden sun a treat. But the same on crash bandicoot? well its fine overall, but the music is stuttering terrible :(

Oh and golden sun now froze after 2 mins. Poo.

Oh and if i go to 269 and run crash, it freezes 10 seconds in

Back