Game Idea, Need Photographers

once again. i want to offer help on the storyline section. it'd be a shame that project fails for that. the idea itself is awesome. realizing it seems to be hard though. i'd also propose you publish some pictures and people send in their ideas. would have the added benefit of not even the guys who wrote the maze will know what will be in the final version. basically a contest on small scale, another big problem is proabably to get the right locations no matter how good the storyline is. after all the "mirror in some window" idea has to be believable...

You should definitely make the maze game like a mouse in an experiment trying to make his way through it for the cheese!

lulzfish said:
aesir911 said:
You should definitely make the maze game like a mouse in an experiment trying to make his way through it for the cheese!

wut

or... the labyrinth... preferably the labyrinth... Theseus vs. Minotaur and others...

Last edited by a moderator:
aesir911 said:
lulzfish said:
aesir911 said:

wut

or... the labyrinth... preferably the labyrinth... Theseus vs. Minotaur and others...

...Try taking a photograph of a minotaur and get back to us on that one. ;)

HealyHQ said:
aesir911 said:
lulzfish said:
aesir911 said:

wut

...Try taking a photograph of a minotaur and get back to us on that one. ;)

he wanted ideas, so that's what i gave him...

(here's a picture for you :lol: )

Nicodemus_Minotaur_by_torochief.jpg

I suppose since this got blogged I've suddenly got a lot more attention. Just in case anyone was worried, this project is still very much alive, I'm just very much busy with school (being a college student tends to get in the way of my "writing awesome games" time :p )

More info to come.

I have a Canon Eos 20D with 18-55mm lens, 50mm and 100-300IS lens, I haven't quite understood this thread so far or what pictures are wanted but if you need me to photograph something I can do that (unlike attempting to create graphics which I actually wasn't that good at...lol)
P.M. Me if there's something specific you want and I will let you know if I can shoot it for you.
Don't know anything about licensing, if I shoot something for someone else, I assume they own the photo's so you can license them to yourself, or I will do it if you tell me how.

Well I have a 21Mp 5DMK2 with 24-105mm LIS lens, 50mm f1.8... and should have some studio lights in the next moth or so. let me know if there is anything you need. I'm fully insured incl public liability too ;)

Poem58 said:
Don't know anything about licensing, if I shoot something for someone else, I assume they own the photo's so you can license them to yourself, or I will do it if you tell me how.
Copyright belongs to the taker of the photograph, a restriction on usage would be if you used a photo of 'somebody' to advertise 'something' without their permission.

Nation.A.List said:
Poem58 said:
Copyright belongs to the taker of the photograph, a restriction on usage would be if you used a photo of 'somebody' to advertise 'something' without their permission.

Um, yeah. I get that much, but I have never done any licensing or anything. Basically I just take my photo's and use them, If I have ever for any reason taken photo's for someone else (party's,family photo's, weddings) I always considered them property of the person who asked me to do them (more so if paid). My point was if for some reason they need to be licensed for some reason, I would have to be told what to do for that. Otherwise if he asked me to take some pictures for his game, I would not consider them mine as I had no use for them. Where I would see it different is if I considered them "worth" something as in something creative "I" did for me, etc. I'm not schooled in the nature of these Creative Commons or whatever they call them as I don't share photo's online.

So in a nutshell, if the game creator wants me to shoot something, I will if possible and he can have them in any way he needs me to give them to him. RAW, Licensed, whatever.
As Long as I can be of help. (tried to help Pleng with game graphics but despite a decent first graphic I have not the talent to make alternate views for moving sprites so I had to back out, but I CAN take pictures)

Nation.A.List said:
Poem58 said:

Actually it gets fuzzy when you photograph things that are copyrighted i.e. advertising bill boards, statues, iconic buildings etc

Back