Game Tablature.

Personally I don't relly like tabs..... I'd advise you to learn how to read notes. Also chords are easy, it's just a matter of learning them by heart - at least the important ones. But you'd better start practicing on one problem at a time ;)

Mosch posted on Sep 7 2006 at 10:14 AM said:
Personally I don't relly like tabs..... I'd advise you to learn how to read notes. Also chords are easy, it's just a matter of learning them by heart - at least the important ones. But you'd better start practicing on one problem at a time ;)

Seconded. But first you'd better learn the basic chords. All the open chords ( A-Major/Minor, C-Major, D-Major/Minor, E-Major/Minor, G-Major, F-Major ) and then the important Barrée-Chords ( Major and Minor with roots on the lower two strings ). Notes shouldn't be too important if you just started learning. I'd suggest to start learning notes later.
The best way would be to start by playing by ear, you'll learn much more this way, but it's harder at the beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have advised to start by trying to play some simple songs and develop finger dexterity. Learn all the notes on the first three frets and you'll be able to play a lot.

There's really so much to learn, I'd advise getting a tutor ;)

1st songs I learned

smoke on the water
Master of puppets intro
Zeldas lullabye
Zelda 3 light world dungeon (just hit random noted then realised i was playign that lol)
RHCP otherside intro.

thse are all easy to do apart from light world dungeon theothers only require 2 strings (well the way i play them i do)

Back