Gameboy Advance Emu Probs

mat_basset

Website
www.yolkfolk.com
right

i have looked at the read me files, and it says!

This is a straight port of VisualBoyAdvance SDL.Copy VisualBoyAdvance.gpe, VisualBoyAdvance.cfg, and vba_launch.gpe anywhere on your sd card.Edit vba_launch.gpe and change rom.gba to your rom and run vba_launch.gpe through the games menu.Zip files aren't supported yet.Controls are changeable in VisualBoyAdvance.cfg

so... i do this

mount /mnt/sd -o remount,sync
cd /mnt/sd/games/vba/
/mnt/sd/games/vba/VisualBoyAdvance.gpe /mnt/sd/games/vba/sonic.gba 2>> debug.txt
sync
mount /mnt/sd -o remount,async
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

/mnt/sd/games/vba/sonic.gba 2>>

that is the bit i changed!

when i run "vba launch" it just goes black :s and doesent do anything, i then have to restart my gp2x

any suggestions

thanks ;)

right

i have looked at the read me files, and it says!

This is a straight port of VisualBoyAdvance SDL.Copy VisualBoyAdvance.gpe, VisualBoyAdvance.cfg, and vba_launch.gpe anywhere on your sd card.Edit vba_launch.gpe and change rom.gba to your rom and run vba_launch.gpe through the games menu.Zip files aren't supported yet.Controls are changeable in VisualBoyAdvance.cfg

so... i do this

mount /mnt/sd -o remount,sync
cd /mnt/sd/games/vba/
/mnt/sd/games/vba/VisualBoyAdvance.gpe /mnt/sd/games/vba/sonic.gba 2>> debug.txt
sync
mount /mnt/sd -o remount,async
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

/mnt/sd/games/vba/sonic.gba 2>>

that is the bit i changed!

when i run "vba launch" it just goes black :s and doesent do anything, i then have to restart my gp2x

any suggestions

thanks ;)

are you on a windows pc? most windows text editors save the end of line character in a way that the gp2x can't read (needs to be in linux format).

Last edited by a moderator:
Either use a windows <-> unix conversion program, or something like UltraEdit will do the job.

Also, ensure the SDL libraries are properly installed.

Either use a windows <-> unix conversion program, or something like UltraEdit will do the job.

Also, ensure the SDL libraries are properly installed.

yup. or just download programmer's notepad. it's pretty useful for making scripts.. just select "force unix format" or something in the "save as" box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back