Gameboy: Gnuboy V0.6

DrPibb

Still Fresh
Hi,
Whenever I try and use the GameBoy: GnuBoy v0.6 emulator it will freeze during the game rom select screen after a minute or so of looking at rom titles. When it freezes it doesn’t go back to the main menu screen either. My GP2X has firmware 2.0. Also, I have pretty much every Game Boy and Game Boy Color game Rom in the same folder where they need to be to show up with this emulator. Do you think that might be causing the freeze? Anybody have any ideas what’s wrong? Anyone else have this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MrPepper posted on Feb 23 2007 at 11:08 AM said:
Hi,
Whenever I try and use the GameBoy: GnuBoy v0.6 emulator it will freeze during the game rom select screen after a minute or so of looking at rom titles. When it freezes it doesn’t go back to the main menu screen either. My GP2X has firmware 2.0. Also, I have pretty much every Game Boy and Game Boy Color game Rom in the same folder where they need to be to show up with this emulator. Do you think that might be causing the freeze? Anybody have any ideas what’s wrong? Anyone else have this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
if they are zip files make sure the files inside are .gb and .gbc, .GBC/.GB will NOT work

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you have too many roms on your card. Perhaps GnuBoy has a limit to the number of files it will scan (I would guess at something like 256 being the limit).

Is there anyway to put the roms into folders acording to the letter they start with so it won't freeze?

Back