Gnuboy Prblems

Thunderchild

Website
Visit site
I can't get Mr Do! to run on the GnuBoy emu. I know I can play the mame version but a bloke at work wants to see what its like as he as a Gameboy and wanbts to hunt to the original cartridge.

When I load the rom the screen just goes blank. I have the verified good rom for the game (for apprasial puroses only) but it 'aint 'appenin!!!

Any suggestions?

barnesy posted on Feb 27 2006 at 02:32 PM said:
Do other GB games work OK?

Yes they work graet, completed Super mario Lane in about 20 minutes on saturday night!

Just this one at the mo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, do any of you have a problem with the rom selection screen?

Im colour blind.. and i find things hard enough to see most of the time anyway.. but seriously, i cant make out the names of my roms, i have to look real hard at the name. The text clashes with the background for me.. maybe its my eyes!!

Anyway, is there any way to crack open the emu and replace the background picture of the options and rom selector?

Well, i'll upload soon a version with dark background and white text, i'm sorry for the inconvenience, but i didn't think about that.
It won't look as good, but you will be able to use it.

man, dont worry! i was just wondering if i could do it. But it would be very sweet if ya could do that! CHEERS!

by the way, i think the emulator is absolutely amazing!!!

Is the sound really crackly for anyone else? for me the sound is bad to the point where i turn it off. the games play perfectly though. i dont think i heard any one else complain about sound so it might just be me.

uh? the sound is supposed to be crystal clear, i don't know any case of skipping or cracking, are you using something "special"? a different firmware or any app running in the background.

Sound is fine here for me with GnuBoy, I got the latest version from the coding competition. Make sure if you are getting roms, it's always best to use the one with the [!] notation, these are verified as good. Any of the other roms you might find could be dodgy or a bad dump.

The latest version is perfect except it cant handle a mass amount of roms. I tried loading a directory of about 400 roms. It worked but tgnuboy exits when I scroll about half way down the menu.

Shikaku posted on Feb 27 2006 at 10:19 PM said:
kgcs10 posted on Feb 27 2006 at 10:15 PM said:
Does it have SRAM, if not, when?

No, use savestates...

Savestates > SRAM

I tried my roms both with this emu and visual boy advance on my computer and when i play them with gnuboy i get the crackling yet with my computer the sound is fine.

i've tried games like kirby dream land, bionic commando, worms armageddon, and rtype dx.

i tried everything i can think of like reinstalling my firmware and reinstalling gnuboy yet i always get the same results.

i seemed to be the only one who used to have sound problems with the bor port too. i get all the sound problems. however the current openbor port gives me perfect sound.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 28 2006 at 04:20 AM said:
Shikaku posted on Feb 27 2006 at 10:19 PM said:
kgcs10 posted on Feb 27 2006 at 10:15 PM said:
Does it have SRAM, if not, when?

No, use savestates...

Savestates > SRAM
Aren't highscores and so on stored in SRAM?

Back