Atari800 Emu Help...

airwolf

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hello. I am running the latest version of the Atari800 emu on firmware version 1.0.1. I have all the paths correctly set for everything, but when I try to load a 5200 rom, it says 'Can't load mnt/sd/...a800/roms/asteriod.bin'. I am trying to load the rom for Asteriods that comes with the emu.

All my other roms for Atari5200 have .52 extensions. Will those work? Can I just rename the extention to .bin if .52 does not work? Am I loading up the rom incorrectly? I use 'run atari program' and then select my rom, but nothing will load.

I tried to do 'cartridge management', 'insert cartridge', then the type. This is confusing. I just want to play atari5200 games. Please help...

airwolf posted on Mar 15 2006 at 04:51 AM said:
Hello. I am running the latest version of the Atari800 emu on firmware version 1.0.1. I have all the paths correctly set for everything, but when I try to load a 5200 rom, it says 'Can't load mnt/sd/...a800/roms/asteriod.bin'. I am trying to load the rom for Asteriods that comes with the emu.

All my other roms for Atari5200 have .52 extensions. Will those work? Can I just rename the extention to .bin if .52 does not work? Am I loading up the rom incorrectly? I use 'run atari program' and then select my rom, but nothing will load.

I tried to do 'cartridge management', 'insert cartridge', then the type. This is confusing. I just want to play atari5200 games. Please help...

Yeah, you need to load them in cartridge management ... they can be tricky to run ... try different "types" of carts ... one of 'em should work.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the .52 extension on my roms is OK? The readme says that cartridges are .bin format.

And if I load the correct cartridge, the game will start right away, correct? Or do I need to perform some other task after selecting the type?

Thanks.

airwolf posted on Mar 15 2006 at 06:46 PM said:
So, the .52 extension on my roms is OK? The readme says that cartridges are .bin format.

And if I load the correct cartridge, the game will start right away, correct? Or do I need to perform some other task after selecting the type?

Thanks.

Yep, all my 5200 games are in .52 format ...

Just choose "Cartridge Management" then "Insert Cartridge" ... and for an example, I used Montizuma's Revenge and to get it to work, I selected "Two Chip 16 KB 5200 Cartridge", then from the main menu, chose "Reboot (Cold Start)"

You should then be greeted with Joe's little theme tune and the starting screen :)

*Note: If after you do a cold reboot, you are presented with an error screen, just get back into the main menu (using the left shoulder button) and choose a different cart type.

*Note²: After getting the cart to run, you may find the controls are stuck (you can press the A button, but the joystick doesn't work) ... in this case, press and hold X, select 5200 joy, move right and navigate down to "digital" then let go of the X button.

Good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back