Getting Atari800 To Run

igboo

I just found that there's a newer version of the Atari800 Emu on Foft's site but I still can't get it to work properly. The program starts, but once I'm at the menu, none of the controls are active. I figure it's not seeing the setup files for the key bindings, but I can't seem to figure out where to put all the files where they'll be found.

Could someone give me the file/tree structure that this needs to be setup in. I would prefer it go in /mnt/sd/Games

Thanks

Igboo

Did you get this to work? My reply was quick earlier since it was early!

Anyway the dirs are hardcoded ATM to:
/mnt/sd/roms/a800/state
/mnt/sd/roms/a800/menu
/mnt/sd/roms/a800/disk
/mnt/sd/roms/a800/rom
/mnt/sd/roms/a800/exe
So you can't put it under /mnt/sd/games

As a minimum the menu dir must have the ui.men and default.men files. Also you really needs the os roms in the rom dir. There are available on my site in the atari800_parts.tar.bz2 on my site. I will upload a stripped one at some point with just the bare minimum.

Basically the ui.men is needed for the menu controls. Without it there is no control definition and you can't do anything!

Several people have had trouble setting this up. I will probably put defaults in the next version. Or at least display a big fat error message telling them what to do.

Good luck,

Mark

Yes I did, Thanks!

I just never got it through my head that the roms folder (or gpmm folder in .70 had to be at the root of the card. Now that /roms is in the right place I've got the .gpe in /games/emus/atari800 and everything works great!

Fabulous program and thanks for your help!

Igboo

Back