Getting A Game To Run On Drmdx

Lettuce Dude

Hogarth the hairy Hippo.
Website
Visit site
I got the emulator to run ok but I cant figure out where exactaly to put the roms. I have read the read me but its not very clear I made a folder in the same directory as the emu called genesis with another folder inside that called megadrive because thats what I thought I was meant to do but obviously not as when I try to load a game it tells me to read the read me again and calls me an idiot.

Thanks for any help.

From the read me

"
Now you need to copy some Genesis games to your GP2X. These *MUST* go
into the /roms/megadrive directory on your sd card. This is to simplify the
rom selection process and it also makes my life alot easier. :)
"

Let me translate for you...
Create a folder on your SD card called /roms/megadrive.
Put your roms in this folder.

Or shall I break down this further for you

First create a folder called "roms" in the root directory of your SD card.
Then go into that directory
You should now be in the roms directory
Now create a folder called "megadrive"
Now copy your megadrive games ( also known as genesis games ) into the megadrive directory you have just created.

Remember the directory names are case sensitive, so don't use any capiltals.

WHOOOO!!! Thanks Reesy I guess I did deserve to be called an idiot. Good work on the emu I would donate you some money but I'm 13 and my paper money is going toward my own xbox360 :) THANX AGAIN AND GOOD WORK!!

Ahh 13 that would explain it. No worries mate you can keep you paper round money :)

Reesy posted on Dec 10 2005 at 07:02 AM said:
Ahh 13 that would explain it. No worries mate you can keep you paper round money :)
Dont diss the young. At 13 i was already coding php & java fulltime :p Now, years later, Im still doing that :p

Last edited by a moderator:
must admit, i'm not 13 and it caught me out.....

i kinda assumed the path was relative and that the roms folder went inside the drMD folder i.e.

sd card:/drmd/roms/megadrive

dont feel bad lettuce:)

Mozart had invaded Poland by the age of 4!

(Fantastic Work, Reesy! Brian Lara AND Shane Warne's international Cricket work!!!!!!!)

Just goes to show how much of us are geeks here. I was running my own PD mail-order service and coding for the amiga by the age of 11 :unsure: Mind you, you needed to make alot of money to support THAT hobby the gp2x cost me peanuts (even after you add the £30 charge I had to pay for frying a resistor on my 1st unit) compared to what you had to pay for the amiga hardware and upgrades

lubidog posted on Dec 12 2005 at 01:11 AM said:
Mozart had invaded Poland by the age of 4!

(Fantastic Work, Reesy! Brian Lara AND Shane Warne's international Cricket work!!!!!!!)
I thought he invented Poland? :huh:

Well, live and learn, I quess... :unsure:

When I was 13, I was drawing nekkid chicks. :)

Still am, with as much style and vigor. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back