Gamecube & Wii Possibilities?

CPUnltd

though it runs a little slow on my laptop, I was wondering if anyone had looked into the feasibility of running dolphin-emu on the Pandora. I'm not worried about speed or glitches at the moment, just proof of concept. Has anyone seriously looked into whether or not this emulator can even compile or run on the Pandora

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
though it runs a little slow on my laptop, I was wondering if anyone had looked into the feasibility of running dolphin-emu on the Pandora. I'm not worried about speed or glitches at the moment, just proof of concept. Has anyone seriously looked into whether or not this emulator can even compile or run on the Pandora

Without looking into it, I'd say with a rewrite of the GPU renderer, you might have a decent chance of getting a few frames per hour. That is if it doesn't run out of memory first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, no need to be so negative :p

It could probably get smooth playback w/o sound if coded right. not anywhere near full speed, but sans sound smooth is more important.

Willrandship said:
It could probably get smooth playback w/o sound if coded right. not anywhere near full speed, but sans sound smooth is more important.
Question.
What are you basing this assumption on?

Gamecube? Wii? Pandora?! :lol:

Oh, brother. I think a certain "martial artist" has taken a few too many kicks to the noggin.

Willrandship said:
It could probably get smooth playback w/o sound if coded right.

No it couldn't.

I quite like the mental image of a room full people leaping around with Wiimotes, all watching a tiny little Pandora screen. Wii Sports on the bus? Sounds like a riot! :lol:

Back