GameGadget- New F/OSS Console

well, the pandora will be ready in two month, that's a little bit after the 30th march, no?

Looks like a locked down console with a lowly clocked dual cpu and hardly any ram waste of time.

Precisely that!

Well, as mentioned, the only issue I see is the licensing:

Neither Nintendo nor Sony will license their games for that, so except for more Sega Games and maybe some Arcade titles, I can't see how they will get thousands of titles of legal emulation here.

It's unlikely it can emulate the Dreamcast as well...
according to a blaze release statement i read (about a month ago )quite a few companies are on board could be spin but.

according to a blaze release statement i read (about a month ago )quite a few companies are on board could be spin but.
Wait, Blaze is releasing this?

If so, then it's very likely that it's just another rebadged AtGames device (pretty much what I guessed in the first place :p ) - i.e., designed and made very far away from the UK... That seems to be all that Blaze sells.

AtGames has licenses from Sega and Atari, that I know of, off of the top of my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Blaze are releasing it. Maybe it's a cooperation. Someone in UK designed it and Blaze are producing it and sharing their licenses with him.

So we'd see some official MD/Atari Licenses, maybe some Arcade as well (Caanoo has 15 original licenses arcade games included) and the rest is hoping for OpenSource games probably.

The website currently seems to be more fixed on SDL coding than official retro licenses.

Is that CPU more or less powerful than the one in the Caanoo?

There are only about 300 Caanoos left, so that could be a nice successor for it.

It comes with this:

CPU core: 433mhz dual core CPU

Internal Ram: 64MB RAM / 2GB Flash RAM

Well, Blaze are releasing it. Maybe it's a cooperation. Someone in UK designed it and Blaze are producing it and sharing their licenses with him.

So we'd see some official MD/Atari Licenses, maybe some Arcade as well (Caanoo has 15 original licenses arcade games included) and the rest is hoping for OpenSource games probably.

The website currently seems to be more fixed on SDL coding than official retro licenses.

Is that CPU more or less powerful than the one in the Caanoo?

There are only about 300 Caanoos left, so that could be a nice successor for it.

Meh, that's all we need, a "successor" whose hardware is at the same level or even weaker than the original's. I'm sure there are a bunch of Chinese handhelds out there that easily supersede this for the same price. It's probably already using a Chinese SoC anyway, like an Ingenic Jz4755 or similar.

Back